Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by gabe0430, Jun 6, 2013.
I'd probably encourage you to go higher up in one of the more slight in gradient sections. You're probably better off planning to nymph. I wouldn't count on fishing dries until early evening.
South Fork flows have spike a bit. It's a bit more than double the flow that entices me to go. Likely a nymph game as stated above.
Here's a good S Fork streamflow gauge.
USGS/USBR Stream Flow Gauge:
SF SNOQUALMIE RIVER AB ALICE C
I like to go when it's at 250 or less.
I fished the SF today, higher up by a few exits. A few cutts on a down-and-across swing of a fly I tied a few days before and needed to test - it worked. Got that covered, so started to play and dream a bit, so I tied on a Chubby and targeted a few deeper pools..after a vicious slash by a larger fish, I left with a smile on my face and a bit of a sunburn. Good day.
CHUBBY?? I'm new at the lingo!!
Any action? I'm looking to head that way Sunday afternoon, wondering how you found the conditions to be.
I will wait until the flows get below 300 CFS to get to those spots you mentioned. On the other hand the Cedar is fishing pretty awesomely for me right now.
Found my first SF brookies of the season today...both fairly small but I'm on the board. Had a bigger brookie hooked but it got a long line release.
Half dozen rainbows on Royal Wulff dries today east of Exit 38.
They look kike bait for in the salt.
That's about right.
I'm surprised at how active the fish are with the flows still so high. In years past I haven't had much luck until they drop below 250cfs. I was surprisingly successful last weekend.