Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

South sound report

619 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  chris stiemert 
#1 ·
finally back on the water after a 3 week drought. On the water right before Sunrise, about 7:30 am. No activity that I could see, started with a white wooly bugger and hooked into a fish within the first 10 mins, got off, same thing few mins later, the 2nd one was a nice fish.

Decided to switch to my fox clouser in chart. Hooked into a chunky "14, healthy and no sea lice, this was about 8 am. Few mins later another, this one about 13", also clean and chunky. Activity was really good from 8:00-8:30, lots of fish of different sizes. If I were a more competent angler I imagine I could have had a pretty stellar morning.

Things started to die down around 8:30, but at 9:00 I saw the biggest SRC I have personally ever seen jump right in front of me. Of course I tried to catch it but no luck. When I left at 9:30 there was no activity of any kind.

The winning fly- it's tied on the light stinger by ahrex and I really like the hookup ratio with this hook, and always seems to hook right in the corner of the mouth and slide out easy despite the size of the gape.

Hand Insect Pollinator Arthropod Terrestrial plant

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.