spey/switch classes, snakeriver area?

gearhead

Well a friend of mine, retired Farmer, had money burning a hole in his pocket and some guy at the cabelas flyshop talked him into buying an entirely cabelas 8wt switch setup, aughhhhhh, anyways, i think he will need help and i suck at it, are there any resources i can point him to for a quick class in the Lewiston area.

fisshman26

Well a friend of mine, retired Farmer, had money burning a hole in his pocket and some guy at the cabelas flyshop talked him into buying an entirely cabelas 8wt switch setup, aughhhhhh, anyways, i think he will need help and i suck at it, are there any resources i can point him to for a quick class in the Lewiston area.
The Red Shed is having its spey clave this weekend, lots of free demos and instruction to be had

dogsnfish

He could call Poppy and get some recomendations, possibly a guided trip?

Here is the one guy I know of in that area -

http://www.dclann.com/Craigs_World/Spey_Casting_101.html

Westslope in Spokane has been doing some Saturday spey casting and Silver Bow also in Spokane has a clinic in the spring.
Poppy recommended Craig to me last year. We had one 2h lecture on grass and another 2h on the water. Can't say enough positives about the lessons, Craig is a retired teacher and it really shows; the lessons were outstanding and I was casting well enough to fish right away. I know he has also talked about going to Spokane to give lessons, but give him a call or email and find out.