Speyclave in BC

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by speyghillie, Jan 10, 2006.

1. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Thanks Bob,
    Thats exactly why i changed the dates to Oct 21st-22nd, had to go back and speak to some of the guy's as they all work on the river til the 15th of Oct, so they will have to get finished up on the river quick and get to the airport, or its a hell of a canoe trip.
    I am sure Aaron's clave will be BRILLIANT, as i know how much he puts into speycasting and i am sure it will be well worth everybody going to.
    Cheers Gordon.

2. FlyShopKristin

FlyShopKristin Going Online

Home Page:
    Demos are great, but we need to get more women on the water too. Aaron had a women's division last year in his casting competition. Prettyfly - you need to attend this year!!!

3. Prettyfly

Prettyfly lurker at large

Well watching a woman demonstrate her champion casting abilities is one thing. Participating in a competition is another.

Needless to say I have from now until then to lift weights and bulk up to 'huck a line' as far as I can.. LOL :clown:

But I'm all about the :beer2: and the ptyd and I hear it helps steady ones arm and makes for better casts.. LOL I might get good enough... after 6.. it works for my dancing abilities and singing abilities..LOL

4. gt

gt Active Member

i still have not found a location posted. has this been selected??

5. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi gt,
    I will be over in BC in three weeks looking for a location, i was thinking of around Chilliwack, but if anyboby has any locations please let me know and i will check it out, got to meet up with a couple of guy's that have done a few speyclaves in BC, so they will be able to help me out i hope.
    Cheers Gordon.
    P.S. not spending all three weeks looking for a location, got to go see speyman, he owes me a beer and it will be my birthday.:beer2:
    Cheers Gordon (speyghillie)

6. jetstream

jetstream New Member

HTML:
    .S. not spending all three weeks looking for a location, got to go see speyman, he owes me a beer and it will be my birthday.
    Cheers Gordon (speyghillie)
    "Bollocks"

And?:thumb: :cool:

ptyd :beer2: :beer1:

7. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hey Jetsream,
    It cant be all about work, i know you know, has that ghillie on the ness been talking to you, thats the last time he sleeps on my couch and gets a big breakfast in the morning.:thumb:

8. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Gordon, as this will be a two day event, have you got anything 'laid in' for traveling folk vis a vis motel(s), RV parks, etc? Understand this is somewhat 'location dependent' but would be most helpful for folks traveling a long way.

And welcome to the wonders of setting up a (Con)Clave. bawling: That's were the word comes from.

Fred Evans
    Ashland, Oregon

9. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Fred,
    I will be over in BC and Washington in two weeks for three weeks, i will hopefully be able post a venue and accomodation including motels,RV park ect.
    Got the opening of the river Spey on Saturday, got to do a bbq at the river for 40/50 guy's, and my boss will be bringing the whiskey, so i guess it will be double Spey's all round, ask if they want water in there dram, and they will answer , only if there's enough room.:beer1:
    I will be able to post all the details when i get back from BC, thats if i get passed Saturday.
    Cheers Gordon.:beer2:

10. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

I went to Poppy's clave last fall. Definitely a great time. It was free, there were door prizes, food, instuction, rods to demo, and he even gave everyone a discount at this shop for the next week. :thumb: