Src Camano Island

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by AdrianM, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AdrianM

AdrianM I'm new here

I've searched the archives for said topic. Found some threads that are useful. I know this time of year isn't the best for SRC in the North Puget Sound, but I'm sure there will be something. Considering a couple locations (Elger Bay, Triangle Cove, Kayak Point, etc...). Going next weekend.

Anyone out there have some advice on good starting points? If so, please PM me and let's chat!

Adrian

2. gt

gt Active Member

did you ever get any PMs on your question?? i have the same questions about Camano as visiting friends there does not occupy all of my time. if you learned anything, i would appreciate your sharing the info.

thanks.

3. Smalma

Smalma Active Member

Adrain-
    Hope you had a good trip. As discussed on other threads this time of year the VAST majority of the seas-runs likely be found around Camano Island (Skagit, Stillaguamish, and Snohomish stocks) are in freshwater. That includes those adult fish staging or spawning as well as the sub-adult fish that are year from spawning. Over the next 6 weeks post spawn kelts will be filtering back to the salt with consistent fishing beginning around the first of March. As the sub-adult and smolts follow the kelts to the salt as the spring progresses the fishing will improve.

gt -
    Given your comments on the NOF thread is the potential of that fishery worth buying a license?

Curt

4. gt

gt Active Member

good question but probably not motivation enough for me as trout are available in so many other states, it just does not meet my criteria for license purchase in WA.