Steelhead Bliss - beads and bobbers!

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by patrick barta, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Very nice. Great job, you obviously had a tremendous time. Even did some hatchery management providing fresh meat for the bbq. Congrats to you and Norm. I was there on the 12th, and did not touch a fish. I was using a nymph and egg pattern under a bobbercator, too. When I had no takedowns on that rig, I switched it up and swung a few. Any method that produces is ok with me.

2. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Looks like a fun trip to me!

3. PT

PT Physhicist

Sparkey's Law only is only applicable to us on the West side. I'll leave it at that.

No, I won't. I know I wouldn't have posted a bunch of wild steelhead being held out of the water. I also know that they wouldn't have been taken out of the water in the first place. Feel free to flame me. I'll respond when I hear a valid reason why it's ok for some to do it and others' not. Us flyfishers can sometimes come across as the biggest group of hypocrites out there. On any gear site the person posting this would have been hammered on by his fellow "gear chuckers." Not here, it's a pat on the back.

4. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Well said

5. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    Gear chuckers aare divided to with regards to Sparkey's law. That he would be flamed more on another board is horse radish.

Further, given that they were nymphing, everyone was warned to be nice by the mod. I think that's why Burk refrained. Nymphers, like gear chuckers, have become a protected class. You speak poorly if them in any way and you'l be called elitist.

Go Sox,
    cds

6. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

There should be an island where people like you can be banished to. J/K.

7. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Whhoot Whhoot grab the bobber and beads Billy lets go to the Klick. I too only fish with beads! There is just something special about that bobber telling me I have a fish on.

8. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    If you're referring to me, I agree. Maybe one of the allutions. A tropical island would be nice too. Sun and bonefish would be nice.

Go Sox,
    cds

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I thought that there was a law on/in the books on holding wild fish out of the water. There are three different pictures of three different wild fish being held out of the water..

You all should have your hands slapped for breaking the law.

10. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

I love all kinds of fly fishing. I'm not prejudiced. But.... there's just something about dry flies or any other surface action that really gets my blood pumpin.

11. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

Word. Straight up!

12. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Home Page:
    Now that you guys have had a refresher course in handling wild fish, let me say, nice fish looks like a two day trip any of us would have loved to be on.

LB

13. PT

PT Physhicist

Pat each other on the back for a great trip. The laws are the laws. I am a member of other forums and the person who started this thread would have been kabobed.

Is it ok to handle wild fish out of the water or is it just ok for flyfishers to do it.

I've caught hundred fishing a certain method of bait and not one was taken deep. That might suprise you but it's the truth.

What a bunch of f'n hypocrites. Don't know that I can post here anymore because even the Moderators let it slide knowing that the intitial poster was WAy beyond legal.

F this!

14. PT

PT Physhicist

Really? I thought us flyfishers held each other to a higher standard. Guess not........ It's ok as long ass we fish with the long rod. It's not about a refresher course in handling wild fish..... it's about the laws.

Let's just say I incidentally caught a bunch of huge ling cod outsisde the new fathom law but caught them on the fly? Would that still be worth the photo op's and YEEEEHAAAAAws from the rest of you even though I'm blatantly breaking the laws?

View life thru your small little porthole. It will only help to prove the hyprocisy.

FUCKING IDIOTS!

15. PT

PT Physhicist

Charles Sullivan... Is it ok for a person to post a bunch of pictures of wild steelhead held out of the water in Washington when there is a law against it? The WDFW might see things differently.

What do you think?