Steelhead Bliss - beads and bobbers!

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by patrick barta, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Tyler B

Tyler B Member

I know what the law is designed for, just trying to make a point. If you land the fish in a resonable amount of time and you deem that the fish is not over played I think it is totally acceptable to take one mabye two quick pictures. And no reason to chastize a guy that was posting what a great time he had. What I find even more ironic, what if he went on a trout trip had a great time and posted a bunch of pics of wild cutts or perhaps a bull trout (which I've seen many posts on here with bull trout out of the water which is just as illegial), would you guys raz him just the same? Highly doubt it. I would be more inclined to give a guy crap if he had his fingers deep in its gills or mabye obviously doing something like laying it on the bank in the rocks to flop around to get a pic. And yes you have a point we don't know how it was handled, but RELAX and give the guy a break sounds like he had a great time.

2. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Home Page:
  3. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

rainbow trout exersized then held out of the water for 5 seconds had low mortality but mortality increases rapidly when held out longer than 5 seconds

4. tkww

tkww Member

This is absolutely correct. In fact, the next time I feel like disregarding a law because I know I'm above it, I will just do so. I think it is totally acceptable. Doesn't really matter what the law is, there is the well known "if you know better you can just disregard it" clause. I think it's on page 3 of the regs.

And yes, people absolutely get thrashed for how they handle wild trout.

Could the response to the OP have been a little kinder? Absolutely. Was the OP responsible for knowing and then following the law? Absolutely. (And that doesn't even touch on the posting aspect.) You make your bed and then you get to sleep in it.

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

6. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

7. patrick barta

patrick barta Love'em - N - Leave'em

After seeing that video I feel a whole lot better about myself.