steelhead leader question.

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by norcal51, Aug 20, 2010.

1. TomB

TomB Active Member

nymphing is way easier than swinging...don't be a dumbass

2. PT

PT Physhicist

Looks like I just gut(butt)hooked another one. You took that one pretty deep. You also made my point.

Take a newbie down the river and get 'em into one after another nymphing. 'nuff said.

I don't care how you fish. Just knew someone would get their 'uns all bunched up with a simple comment. Getting down to fish with a sunk fly and tips is 100x more difficult than adding the correct amount of lead and feeding line to it. Most nymphing with a guide is only about the cast, the guide rows you thru the slots and is really the one fishing. If you see it different you're giving yourself way too much credit.

3. PT

PT Physhicist

I've been doing this for the better part of 20 years. I also know that if it was all about numbers I could nymph and catch fish at about 10/1 ratio over swinging. If you want to talk numbers you can just PM me.

Again, I don't care how someone else fishes. Just pointing out some truths regarding steelhead fishing.

Dave

4. wet line

wet line New Member

There is no one way that is the best way in all situations.

As important as reading water, being aware of the best approach to fish a given situation is equally important.

The more techniques a person learns and knows when best to use them will increase success.

Everyone has a preference but that should not over rule what is the best way to make a presentation in a given situation.

Dave

5. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

LOLZ. im not gonna play this game with either of you two.

6. PT

PT Physhicist

It's not a game. Too many younger people who fish act like it is though..... by keeping "score."

BTW....., who's LOLZ?