Steelhead Rivers

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
I thought it would be fun to take a walk down memory lane and try to list the rivers that I have landed a steelhead on. Here's my list:
N.Fork Stilly, Sauk, Skagit, Queets, Samish, Methow, Kispiox, Buckley, Morice, Thompson, Nimpkish.

Its remarkable that the Snoho system and no other OP rivers are mentioned. Truthfully, that's mostly due to a weak effort on my part. I have never fished the Snake rivers either. In fact, aside from an epic failure of a trip to the Klickitat, the Met is the only CR river I have fished.
I'm going to try and add an Oregon stream or 2 this fall. I have never fished Oregon at all.
There are a couple rivers that I have fished and not succeeded on that I will return to; the Skeena, Babine, Susqwa, Gold, Heber, and Klick, are at the top of that list.
One thing I truly love about steelheading is where it takes me and the beauty of the rivers. Hopefully I'll fish a couple new rivers and add them to the list of successful ones this season.

Go Sox,
Cds

Skagit, Sauk, Samish, Nooksack,Nf Nooksack, S fork Nooksack, Stilly, Met-how, Dechutes, Bogey, Queets, San Juan(Van Island), Copper, Bukley, Morice and Whatcom creek.

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Nisqually
Carbon
Puyallup
Green
Deschutes (Thurston Co.)
Queets
Salmon
Quinault
Bogachiel
Calawah
Sol Duc
Humptulips
Chehalis
Skookumchuck
Dungeness
Hamma Hamma
Dosewallips
Duckabush
Skokomish
Skykomish
Cowlitz
East Fork Lewis
North Fork Toutle
Kalama
Smith (CA)

Last edited:

Rob Allen

Babine
Kispiox
Sauk
Hoh
Elochoman
South Toutle
Cowlitz
East Lewis
Washougal
Wind
White Salmon
Klickitat
Grand Ronde
Snake
John Day
Deschutes
North Umpqua

Hooked one on the Bulkley and another on the Clearwater but didn't land them.
Had grabs on the Sol Duc and on the Sandy but no hook ups

a few more rivers with gear

A.A.

Wow, those are impressive lists! This is all I have, from most to least fish. Rogue is next on my list. Would love to fish the Trinity. You guys have scared me away from WA rivers with all your doom and gloom!

-Feather River, CA
-N Umpqua, OR
-Muskegon, MI
-Prairie Creek, MI

karnage

Have you swung a fly today?-
Deschutes
Cowlitz
N Fork lewis
Kalama
East fork lewis
Klickitat
Washougal
Salmon creek
Trask
Nestucca
Clackamas
Sandy
Klamath
Trinity
Van duzen
S Fork eel
Eel
American
Feather
20 mile Creek
40 mile Creek
Ganaraska
Lake Ontario
Niagara

Atlantic salmon right coast steelhead eh!
restigouche river

Last edited: