Steelhead Smolt

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Rory McMahon, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man (NFR)

Yeah,but-I-throw-in-some-other-junk-like-different-places-to-get-skunked :p :p :p :p :p

Jim

2. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

Home Page:
    Thanks to everyone who answered my questions, even oldman. I am not even old enough to drive so i rarely get to go fishing, plus the times a do get to go are divided between bass fishing, panfish fishing, and fly-fishing. So i just try and get as much info as i can off this website. I dont even fish for steelhead so if i injured smolt it would not effect me, I only avoid catching them to save the fish for you guys. Anyway, heres a report, sort of. I went up to the Stilly today and was only able to fish for about 10 minutes. The bees and flies were unbarable. I probably got stung about 3 or 4 times. This was after i joggged to the ice caves and back so the sweat might have had something to do with it. The water was crystal clear and i saw no surface activity but i did see a lot of caddis cases.

3. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Trout, next time fish first, jog second. Repeat that over and over. After all, are you trying to be a jogger or a fisherman? Fish first, jog second. After a while you'll be an out of shape fish bum like the rest of us ;) Careful though, it gets addictive: fish first, school work second; fish first, friends second; fish first, job second, etc etc

4. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Does this mean I'll have to seek out some kind of 12-step program?
    "hi, my name is Gene and I have an addiction..." :rofl:

5. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    I wish i could have fished first, but i was with my family none of them fish either. My dad use to do bait fishing tho. I had to jog to the ice caves and back because they said that i could fish on the way back, but jogging kinda backfired on me.

6. wet line

wet line New Member

You need to change families or get a better line to throw out! :D

Something like, " I got a rock in my boot, and a cramp in my toes, go ahead and I'll catch up". You use this when you pass a likely looking stretch of water. That is why you always hike at the end of the line!!

Ofcourse when 2 hours later they are all coming back you had better have a good line ready when they see you fishing. Something like my feet really hurt so I thought I would cool them off in the river. I knew you would be back soon. How were the --------. I sure hope you took some pictures! And the fishing wasn't so great but I had to do something while I cooled off the feet so I wouldn't get any blisters! :rofl:

The first rule of fishing is learn to tell the plausible lie :D

Dave

7. Rory McMahon

Home Page:
    thanx, ill have to try that sometime :)

8. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

I once saw a bumper sticker that said, " I fish therefore I lie."

Randy

9. Rory McMahon