Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Stolen: 10' 7wt Sage Z-Axis

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Red Arch 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

One of the anglers up here in BC had their 10' 7wt Z-axis stolen. Please keep an eye and ear out especially if there is a deal that is too good to be true.

#4 ·
Thought I would pull this out of the wood work. I will also bump our Winston Microspey friends as his is more pressing now.

The fly rod has been returned. After being stolen November 30th, the fly rod appeared on craigslist on Friday. After being notified of the add, the owner contacted the RCMP who launched an investigation and were able to recover the fly rod!

The main thing to note here is that the perpetrator/fencer sat on the rod for 4 months until the start of lake season before posting. Keep your eye out on the local pawn shops, and of course craigslist ebay Kijiji style sites.

Here is the ad that was posted with a modified title.
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/spo/5508259802.html

#10 ·
Just before people get too vigilantesque, I do not know the full details, however I do understand it was investigated and the rod returned. As a result I believe the person who was holding the fly rod will be charged accordingly. Knowing Canadian law and the system it might take 3 years, but the person will still face what was coming to them.

Remember this is to serve as a reminder gear might sit for extended periods before it turns up!

#11 ·
Just before people get too vigilantesque, I do not know the full details, however I do understand it was investigated and the rod returned. As a result I believe the person who was holding the fly rod will be charged accordingly. Knowing Canadian law and the system it might take 3 years, but the person will still face what was coming to them.

Remember this is to serve as a reminder gear might sit for extended periods before it turns up!
How were they able to identify the rod?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.