Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Stolen- One 4 lb coho. Reward

6K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  KillerDave 
#1 ·
Stolen off an area 9 beach this morning. Adipose fin is missing and there was a hole in its lip about the diameter of a size 1 hook. Please PM me with any leads. I worked hard for this fish and would really like it back. Thanks!

Vertebrate Fish Marine biology Fin Ray-finned fish

See less See more
#5 ·
Lol. The only thing that's ever stolen my fish from me is bear. They're real bastards! And bigger fish. Sometimes they jack me.

Reactions: Nick Clayton
#9 ·
Oh it was definitely stolen. I've caught a coho or two off the beach, and have experienced all their tricks.... Had several damn near flop back down into the water from 40' up the beach while not paying attention. Would have been an awfully brave eagle to fly down and snag it amongst all the people, and that certainly would have been noticed.

No, this fish was stolen. No doubt in my mind. Especially considering the two toothless meth heads who came down to "fish" for about 45 minutes. When I discovered it missing several other guys reported having had the same experience this year.

I've been watching Craigslist closely but no sign of it. Maybe you guys could keep an eye out at your local pawn shops for me ;)

#19 · (Edited)
#16 ·
Nick just sent this to me as he is too devastated to post it himself.
He just received a ransom note regarding his missing coho. They've threatened to do harmful things to it as you can see.
Nick says he doesn't recognize the perps hands.
Any help in getting the little coho home would be greatly appreciated.
SF

#31 ·
Nick just sent this to me as he is too devastated to post it himself.
He just received a ransom note regarding his missing coho. They've threatened to do harmful things to it as you can see.
Nick says he doesn't recognize the perps hands.
Any help in getting the little coho home would be greatly appreciated.
SF

May have to "print em" surprisingly suggestive of good ole' Gov.Insole's stealing paws....

#22 ·
Unfortunately I have nothing positive to report. Full of renewed hope after seeing Dupher's message above I quickly messaged him the coordinates to all my favorite beaches, but all I got back in response was "hahahahahaha thanks...."

I did receive a suspicious envelope in the mail last week. It was addressed to me but had nothing but a couple of scales and the scent of salmon inside. I took that as a rather ominous sign.

At this point I have given up all hope of finding my beloved coho.

#24 ·
Unfortunately I have nothing positive to report. Full of renewed hope after seeing Dupher's message above I quickly messaged him the coordinates to all my favorite beaches, but all I got back in response was "hahahahahaha thanks...."

I did receive a suspicious envelope in the mail last week. It was addressed to me but had nothing but a couple of scales and the scent of salmon inside. I took that as a rather ominous sign.

At this point I have given up all hope of finding my beloved coho.
I think I saw it on the Carbon River last week ... next to a stone fire pit. Ya', it was pretty much Loomis logo look, sans head and tail.

#28 ·
Encounter 1: University District, Fall 2017 - Tailgating for UW vs Fresno St. Saw Coho about 5 lbs playing cornhole up 15 to 20. I noticed the teaming was pinks vs. silvers. Also noticed lip ring, possibly gauged around a hook sized...1

Encounter 2: MA 9, Late August 2018 - Fishing on beach. Small but shiny figure was sitting on drift wood. An unblinking, contemplative stare, fixed on soft motion of the waves nudging the pebble shore. It was as though the soul was bare for all to see, searching for a feeling, any feeling.

Encounter 3: Crystal Mountain, Winter 2019 - 10" of fresh pow and just me and 10,000 of my closest friends. I mean, enemies. No friends on power days. I'm crushing fresh tracks on the Otto Banh and this little punk cut me off, turned around and gave me a gesture...except the adipose was missing.

Encounter 4: West Yellowstone, Summer 2020 - So many people, where did they all come from? It must not be safe to fly. 6 ft of distance! Why is that one not in a mask? That one should definitely be in a mask, or at home in quarentine with a cough like that. Only 3 lbs? Coronavirus does not discriminate.

So yeah, I've seen it...we've all seen it.

Reactions: troutstalker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.