Stolen Outcast 900FS

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Vladimir Steblina, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Home Page:
    My Outcast 900FS was "liberated" from the back of my truck while sitting in my driveway in Wenatchee last Tuesday night.

These days they ONLY file a report if your going to file an insurance claim. However, I requested one anyway.

It has nine foot pontoons in the typical green and gray. The really only identifying marks were a Scott fly rod holder on the left side, a hole with bakelight screw drilled through the middle of the motor mount, and the anchor rope that is beige with 1/4 inch wide purple hash marks about an inch apart. The rope is pretty unique.

They forgot to take the oars so the clue might be a mis-matched set of oars for the boat.

If you see it....take a picture of the boat and whose fishing it....and the rig it came it on with a clear shot of the license plate.

I suspect it is a bunch of kids that spotted it while driving up Burch Mountain road for their nightly dope smoking, beer drinking and tearing up the county road for fun. They did not even try to get the rods locked in the inside the truck....or even take anything from my wife's unlocked car parked next to it.

Thanks....give me a call at 509 679 3230 if you spot it.

2. Dipnet

Dipnet The wanted posters say Tim Hartman

Geez....that absolutely sucks! Hope you find it!

3. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

It's a shame this kind of stuff happens,they likely left it at some lake shore now that they've had their fun with it.Hope to hear that's it's been recovered soon

4. ryfly

ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

I completely sympathize with you. I hope the rat bastards get whats coming to them and that you get your boat back.

5. Topstoy

Topstoy Member

It's unlikely that it will make it up to my neck of the woods but I will keep an eye out for it.

6. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Home Page:
    One thing I did with my old 'toon was to put my initials on it with an indelible black marker in several places. I don't know why most guys don't make any effort to make identification obvious on their 'toons, boats etc. It won't keep the creeps from stealing it, but should make it easier to identify. Even if the thieves try to cover it up it would be noticeable.
    Hope you find yours Vladimir.

LB

7. tyeoneon

tyeoneon Active Member

I'm from Wenatchee and I'll keep my eyes peeled. My son is 22 yo, and he gets around town a lot. I'll have him looking as well!

8. Vladimir Steblina

Home Page:
    Yeah, I kinda thought about it....but then I thought who in their right mind would want to steal a pontoon boat.

There are not real handy being a one person boat, need waders, oars, etc. Really they are a pain in the butt unless your a fly fisherman.

Selling them isn't that easy since only a fly fisherman would buy it.....limited market.

Next time I might decal it with business decals, etc. etc.

I suspect that it will end up abandoned on some local lake when people figure out it is not a party barge.

Thanks, tyeoneon, it is hard to hide one of those boats when inflated.

constructeur likes this.
  9. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Make sure you check your local Craigslist.

10. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

best to mark your toon/tube/pram with good polyurethane paint. the stuff that has a base/activator/flow. should last a long time if you do it right.

11. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Sorry to hear about the toon. That's a pritty rotten thing to do to a guy. I hope you get it back!

12. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Life's good!

Damn, that is really shitty. I'm going to get some of this polyurethane paint tomorrow and decorate mine. This kind of shit just really pisses me off. You seem to be taking it much more rationally than I would. Admirable.

13. Drysuperfly

Drysuperfly Member

if you searching craigslist to see if the scum the stole it is trying to sell, get the cell phone app, from that you can search all over the state/idaho and oregon in one search. this works way better then doing 15 searches for every city. I well try searching my phone as well during lunch.

Good luck

14. Vladimir Steblina

Home Page:
    Thanks for doing the search....I will look around and see if I can find the app.

I did drive around the Quincy wildlife area yesterday. No luck.

15. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Bummer. You may also want to contact local or fairly close pawn shops and fly shops to see if anyone has brought in your boat in hopes of selling it.

Chances are, whoever stole the boat isn't really going to use it.

Good luck ... and a pox on the rat bastards.