Streamtech Boat

John Hicks

Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits
Well, I finally did it. James Mello and I have been sharing an old Achillies raft for the past two years. It was a "bucket boat" (non self-bailing). I loved the boat but it was a tank in the water. So recently I decided to go out and find another rig to get me down the river in. I did a lot of research on rafts, and finally settled on a Streamtech Salmonfly. After quite a few conversations with Link Jackson the owner of Streamtech and with Derek Young who owns one, I decided on the Salmonfly. The raft is a 13'6" selfbailing Maravia with a Cambridgeworks frame. I love that I was able to totally customise the raft to me need but still have Link there to tell me what works and what does not.

So after waiting for a couple weeks to have mine built, the Wife and I drove to Oregon to meet Link part way to take delivery. This was great as her and I decided to stay in Hood River that night. I got to talk with Link for a while and get the low down on my new raft.

I chose to have two dry boxes, one under the front seat and a cooler box just to the front and to the right of the oarsmans seat. This weekend I took the raft out on its maided voyage and named her the SS Vincent after my father who passed away last summer. She took some nice white water very well. I loved the high rocker front as it really rolled through the wave trains instead of punching through. The dry boxes were able to hold a shit ton of gear which was awesome. The raft turns super easy and tracks very smoothly. I was able to even back row on a couple areas which are no easy task in a raft.

I will post more pictures in this thread as the customasation progresses. I have already decided that I need some rod holder options so if anyone knows of some let me know.

salmonfly.JPG salmonfly2.JPG salmonfly.JPG

John Hicks

Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits
Nice boat! now you need a narrower raft trailer. LOL
I actually have that trailer by design. I can put sideboards on the trailer and use it for other things. It is also very nice to walk around the boat without having to climb on it.

chrome/22

For him there whould always be the riddle of steel
Good looking raft, very clean design.

Check Folbe's website, they make rod holders for your raft frame, you will find a base that will clamp right onto the tube. Very slick product.

c/22

Ed Call

John, having fished out of and rowed Derek's boat I'm very jealous. I love my cataraft, and as a boat of opportunity it continues to impress, but that Streamtech is the cat's meow. I heard you and the 'Radish had some time on the water in that boat recently. I do hope that it is all that you wanted! Did someone say family floats? I'm down, have family and they like to float. Congrats!