Made my first attempt last night. I pirated what looks like a 1/0 or larger stinger hook from a fly I bought in San Diego. I followed a Youtube video for a multi-feather pattern (I used white, yellow, and blue feathers). I didn't have blue buck tail, so I used some blue ripple ice instead. I have to admit, I was skeptical of the final product at first. It seemed really disorganized with the buck tail splayed out everywhere and long feathers hanging out the back: After the eyes dried, I decided to see what it looked like wet. Much better! I love the profile - a full 3D presentation. I looks fishy from the sides, as well as above or below. I can see how the flat feathers will swim well. I was able to make a swimming motion by just moving the fly side to side. Here's one more from this morning after it dried. It looks much better now that the peacock herl is cooperating. I can tell this pattern is very dependent on material selection. I'm going to need some better buck tail and hackle feathers if I want to improve. Thanks again for all the advice.