This report was supposed to end up in the warmwater forum. But that was not to be. This morning, I headed out to a farm lake for LMB. I was skunked as skunked could be. It was windy so my poppers weren't working. The lake was off color so my subsurface pattens were not working. Not even a strike. Not even anything I could pretend was a strike. So I said hell with it. Drove home, removed my bass fly boxes and replaced them with two fly boxes filled with patterns designed for the Oregon coastal lakes. This was a test to see if I could get away with patterns in two boxes instead of loading the pockets of the SuperCat with 10 boxes. After an hour of fighting the traffic to the coast, I finally ended up at Olalla Lake. The place was a circus. I don't know what the devil was going on but parking was at a premium and I finally had to sorta make my own parking spot in the trees. Normally, I start fishing Olalla hours before I reached circus central but I figured I had a much better chance catching planter than my experience not catching bass... no matter the time of day. Well... things started to repeat the morning failure. The patterns that normally worked... didn't. The holding areas that always produced trout... didn't. I checked with some of the spin guys. They said, of course, the bite was on a few hours earlier and then went dead. Damn. This is not good. So I decide to try different areas of the lake. I was fishing subsurface with a bead head variegated black and olive WB with a trailer pattern that I kept changing. Finally, I started getting bites. But they were pecking and not eating. It occurred to me that the two fly system with the rear fly tippet material tied to the hook bend of the WB was working as a "fish guard" ... this is a problem with using the hook bend to secure the tippet to the rear pattern... the trout have a tough time fighting past the trailing tippet material unless they really hit the upper fly. So... I cut off the trailing fly and tippet and fished the WB solo. Still, pecks but I finally hooked one trout. .... at least I wasn't skunked for the day... The trout were concentrated in a specific area so I trolled back and forth over that area. Strike after strike but no solid takes. I decided I needed a smaller offering. I replaced the size 6 WB with a size 10 seal bugger of my own design. Black and, of course, olive. Once I changed to that pattern, my day improved 10 fold. As long as I didn't move out of the zone, I was catching trout as often as necessary to make me a happy camper. I was fishing solo again so I didn't bother taking any photos of the trout... also, I didn't catch anything larger than 14-inches so I didn't catch any trout worthy of a photo. (and... well... I forgot to bring my net when I switched from LMB to trout and the net is required for the system I use when catching trout and taking a photo). It is a very good thing I live where I do. I started out fishing for LMB at a farm lake and was skunked and ended up having a pretty danged good day catching trout a hour away. Most likely, this is my last trip over to Olalla for the year. The multi use factor of the lake was overwhelming and it will be that way as long as the weather is nice. Screaming kids, barking dogs, people jumping out of trees into the lake, crazy folk on those stand up and paddle surf boards losing their balance and falling in... that sort of thing. Noisy. This is the fly I was using. The dubbing is my own design and a mix of black dyed rabbit fur and chopped up bits of olive colored Diamond Brite (Spirit River). Today it was my savior. BTW: I can get away with only two boxes of flies instead of 10.