Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Summer Photo Scavanger Hunt

6K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  Sloan Craven 
#1 ·
So in celebration of summer, I've put together a game for anyone who wants to participate.

So basically it goes like this....

The first person to successfully photograph and upload to this thread, the 10 items on the list will win an All About the Fly - Fly Box with a Dozen meaty streamers tied by me, packed inside.

All photos must be original, (no searching google images). Cheaters will be beat by ibn, with a pipe wrench. :rofl:

THE LIST

01. A fishing related sticker on a vehicle
02. Eight river rocks stacked up
03. A group of inner tubers (rubber hatch)
04. A discarded beer can or bottle
05. Any kind of reptile
06. A fly shop employee @ work
07. Any type of live Nymph in your hand
08. A sunrise at a river/lake/beach
09. Dragon Fly Adult
10. A bag of trash you picked up from around the water.

I tried to make the list possible for everyone no matter what
their location.

Good Hunting :beer2:

See less See more
#28 ·
nnknuth@yahoo.com said:
Well those are river rocks that i stacked at cape Disappointmet State park on the mouth of the columbia river two weeks ago, and i took a pic of a fish sticker on my car and thought that it would be related to a fish
haha you're lame... I didn't even have to get past the first picture to see you were cheating...

a quick search of google images "stacked rocks" showed this http://www.pbase.com/image/180190

#39 ·
supposedly??? Give me a saturday with 80 degree weather, and I'll be done...

I own a reptile, so that is easy. I live by the Sky, so most of the others come easy as well. But I can't find a rubber hatch until the weather cooperates with my schedule....

#43 ·
Nice going.

I'd have to ding you for calling that alligator lizard a 'geko' in the pic title though ;)

Rubber hatch is a tough call. I agree that a hatch can occur near the water though... Judges?

The nymph in the hand will also be a tough call. It's technically in your hand, but not touching it....

Nice going either way!

#46 ·
So, I get up at 4am to meet up for fishing. Get to the river just before sunrise, with my garbage bag in hand ready to win this thing. THen I realize I left my camera in my truck.
Also, I think with the rubberhatch, we're more interested in the tubers than the tubes. But what the hell do I know, I couldn't even remember my camera.

#47 ·
Sloan Craven said:
So, I get up at 4am to meet up for fishing. Get to the river just before sunrise, with my garbage bag in hand ready to win this thing. THen I realize I left my camera in my truck.
Also, I think with the rubberhatch, we're more interested in the tubers than the tubes. But what the hell do I know, I couldn't even remember my camera.
I got to live a very similar situation on Sunday. Hehe. Went the Sky. on Sunday after noon with the intention of getting visual evidence of a "Rubber Hatch" and realized that I left my camera in the truck.......... :eek:

#51 ·
Been working on getting 'the box' ready here while I have any spare time. Working nights and summer steel calling my name every morning, leaves little time for anything else.

But I have managed to crank a few out...
Mmmmmm, tasty!!! :thumb: I'll take a dozen! Please put them on my tab! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.