Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Summer Photo Scavanger Hunt

6K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  Sloan Craven 
#1 ·
So in celebration of summer, I've put together a game for anyone who wants to participate.

So basically it goes like this....

The first person to successfully photograph and upload to this thread, the 10 items on the list will win an All About the Fly - Fly Box with a Dozen meaty streamers tied by me, packed inside.

All photos must be original, (no searching google images). Cheaters will be beat by ibn, with a pipe wrench. :rofl:

THE LIST

01. A fishing related sticker on a vehicle
02. Eight river rocks stacked up
03. A group of inner tubers (rubber hatch)
04. A discarded beer can or bottle
05. Any kind of reptile
06. A fly shop employee @ work
07. Any type of live Nymph in your hand
08. A sunrise at a river/lake/beach
09. Dragon Fly Adult
10. A bag of trash you picked up from around the water.

I tried to make the list possible for everyone no matter what
their location.

Good Hunting :beer2:

See less See more
#4 ·
Backyard said:
09. Dragon Fly Adult
That should be an easy one for me, sometimes when i cant go fishing, i tie on a tiny griffiths gnat, and go casting in my backyard. My nicest dragon yet was a nice 6 incher. It can be pretty fast action sometimes too.

So basically im in, i doubt i'll win since i cant get out as much as most people. But theres nothing wrong with trying.:thumb:

Ohh and would you consider a frog a reptile?

#11 ·
Ohh and would you consider a frog a reptile?[/QUOTE]

Time to sign up for some more High School Biology this fall!

:ray1:

How about a picture of a newt? It kinda looks like a lizard.

;)

Andrew

#21 ·
I'm thinking of taking my kids down and their kiddy pool swimming toys and snap a few pics by the river to see if that will work...

Man, last weekend it was insane how packed the Snoq and Sky were with every thing in the world that could float.

I took a detour over by Tukol just to check out the hatchery returns and thought it looked like opening day winter steelhead at tokul. But then quickly realized it was easily 10-20 times bigger. Cars were packed tight from above tokul down to the boat launch and then some. You could have walked accross the tubers and rafters.... Sky was about the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.