Sunglass side shields

Hyde

I used to buy those simple black plastic side shields at Kaufmann's that slide on, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Anyone have an idea where I can get them these days?

Thanks

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I used those for awhile as well years ago on my oh so cool aviator RayBan's...not seen them around. Of course ever since buying cocoons (awesome) I haven't exactly been looking.

Old406Kid

Don't mean to hijack but has anyone tried the Cocoons with photochromic lenses?
I'm wearing polarized no line glasses and miss the side shields as well, especially when the sun
is at a right angle.

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
Seriously though, the O.P. asked a great question that should be top of mind for every one here.
I spent a lot of time in my early days spring skiing on bright sun-reflected snow. Coupled with hundreds, if not thousands of hours staring at dry flies in the sun dappled ripples and runs over the decades have taken a toll on my eyes. They burn, after even a 4 hour outing now, even after wearing my Cocoons that block the light, not only from the sides but from below and above as well. I often have to wear sunglasses inside the house after an outing just to try and ease the pain. Eye doctor say's that it's from too much sunlight reaching my eyes over the years, but hasn't seen anything else wrong with them - yet.
Take care of your eyes and protect them from the sun. Same goes with exposed skin, as Dryflylarry recently spoke of from his experience.

scottr

I used to buy those simple black plastic side shields at Kaufmann's that slide on, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Anyone have an idea where I can get them these days?

Thanks
Try Midway USA or another shooting supply site. Lots of trap shooter use them.

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
I fish old bamboo rods and old reels too. Some of them from the 20's and some are even older than that.
I swear, the darned things talk to me sometimes. Maybe some of their old time language is starting to rub off on me!
Now don't forget your cocoons - they're "the cats meow"!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I fish old bamboo rods and old reels too. Some of them from the 20's and some are even older than that.
I swear, the darned things talk to me sometimes. Maybe some of their old time language is starting to rub off on me!
Now don't forget your cocoons - they're "the cats meow"!
I wear Cocoons myself. I have several of them.