1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kfish 
#1 ·
Fishing net Mesh Organism Wire fencing Net
Black Mesh Azure Natural material Organism
Water Liquid Fluid Wood Watercourse
Black Mesh Azure Natural material Organism
Went out today not expecting much on account of the sun...

Then, a bunch of sandlance and some chum fry showed up and things got good. A couple small SRC to hand and then these guys...

Great fight and it was very entertaining to watch them push those clouds of bait around the inlet.

See less See more
#8 ·
I was able to snag a few on Sunday in the sun. Strangely, I only caught a few doinkers in prime spots (moving water with some structure or rips) and the couple fish with any size were caught in full slack water. TONS of large bait around so maybe they cant get away with just hanging in the frog water & waiting for the bait to swim by. Per the other thread about sun, I was fishing a type 3 sinking line from the kayak & all the action came from down deep.

Vertebrate Mesh Organism Net Terrestrial plant
Fish Mesh Close-up Terrestrial plant Grass
Water Fin Underwater Fish Gar
Mesh Textile Organism Grey Water

#9 ·
I was able to snag a few on Sunday in the sun. Strangely, I only caught a few doinkers in prime spots (moving water with some structure or rips) and the couple fish with any size were caught in full slack water. TONS of large bait around so maybe they cant get away with just hanging in the frog water & waiting for the bait to swim by. Per the other thread about sun, I was fishing a type 3 sinking line from the kayak & all the action came from down deep.

View attachment 141869 View attachment 141870 View attachment 141871 View attachment 141872
Nice, this is where it pays to have a watercraft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.