Superstitions

I believe in positive vibes. Leavin to the river on bad terms, whether it be with my job, my old lady, or some other obligation results in skunkage and a burdened mind. Steelies can detect that for sure! Do the right thing, don't ditch out on an obligation, don't leave anything hangin, make sure the bills are paid, etc... That's an everyday thing.

Other than that, certain things can just have mojo... Don't ask questions just go with it, you will know when its happening. A rod, a reel, a fly, a hat, a shirt. Anything. Just don't start talking about it as that's the fastest way to ruin a good thing.

Always be positive and have fun. Sounds stupid but even junk fishing should be fun. You don't keep casting if you aren't having fun and sometimes that's when the best fish come. Inches from defeat.

Krusty

I'm not superstitious. It's just a coincidence that I always wear my same fishing hat, that has never been cleaned, waders that have never been cleaned, rod grips that have never been cleaned, always keep the reel handle in the same position, count the number of loops to each finger holding loops of line, cast with my right foot forward, hum the same Janis Joplin song over and over, and a few other odd habits, but I'm not superstitious.

Oh, and sex before fishing is bad luck.

But I'm not superstitious.

Sg
So, yer sayin' my old lady is just trying to help me have a good fishing trip?

One confession...don't want all you yahoos using my secret good mojo fishin' trick...I always wear the same unwashed set of fishin' skivvies. I take a fall in the water most every year...but that don't count.

I believe in positive vibes. Leavin to the river on bad terms, whether it be with my job, my old lady, or some other obligation results in skunkage and a burdened mind. Steelies can detect that for sure! Do the right thing, don't ditch out on an obligation, don't leave anything hangin, make sure the bills are paid, etc... That's an everyday thing.

Other than that, certain things can just have mojo... Don't ask questions just go with it, you will know when its happening. A rod, a reel, a fly, a hat, a shirt. Anything. Just don't start talking about it as that's the fastest way to ruin a good thing.

Always be positive and have fun. Sounds stupid but even junk fishing should be fun. You don't keep casting if you aren't having fun and sometimes that's when the best fish come. Inches from defeat.
Very well said.