swinging flies== flossing fish??

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by sandspanker, Oct 23, 2011.

?

How many fish are flossed on the swing

Poll closed Nov 6, 2011.
  1. 25%

57.1%
  2. 50%

23.8%
  3. 75%

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sandspanker

sandspanker Member

well with all of the posts.. I did ask a question. not a troll just was wondering about other thoughts on this subject..nothing more or less...I am trying to soak it all in as I am still green behind the gills.

2. SilverFly

SilverFly Active Member

That's how took it, but I don't follow forums like I used to, so my "troll radar" isn't exactly calibrated. Again, I think this concern is pretty much baseless. What I find interesting is that it was even brought up. The term "flossing" gets tossed around (or "off"?) a lot, so there is a lot of hype and defensiveness associated with the term. For someone new to the sport like yourself who is absorbing information faster than they can process - things can get very confusing. Enter a hot-button issue like flossing, and a simple question becomes a potential troll. The fact that you are concerned is a good thing because it means care about the sport and want the satisfaction of having a fish take your fly willingly.

Now get out there and catch some fish. There should be silvers and a chance for early steel in your 'hood. And watch out for a large fat guy wearing beat to shit neoprenes.

3. Randall Clark

Randall Clark Active Member

come on, they're not THAT beat up...

4. sandspanker

sandspanker Member

Have been out a few times... still early for winters but I can hope to find another dumb one..LOL I drive a black frontier crew cab and fish the shoug,ef,kalama,etc... so I will probably see you at some pt or another. Happy fishing

Josh Nordwell

5. SilverFly

SilverFly Active Member

I'm pretty sure you just called me FAT! Yeah, gotta break down and get a decent pair of breathables one of these days. Not sure how well they will stand up to my brand of abuse - or egg goo for that matter.

A buddy busted me a couple weeks back walking back upriver with a casting rod in one hand and a late run silver in the other (running my yap as usual.) This ho grabbed a #4 polar shrimp then took me downriver thru some class 4 whitewater - hence the use of the casting rod.

I'll keep an eye out for your rig Josh. Don't run if you see this yokel walking up:

[​IMG]

6. sandspanker

sandspanker Member

will do... might be there Saturday/sunday.. Have to work tomorrow but will be somewhere since the days are getting closer to some winter steel.