FS Tack Free, Fast Cure, Crystal UV Cure Resin

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by silvercreek, Mar 14, 2014.

1. BIG COHO

BIG COHO Member

Do you ship to Alaska?

2. Cold

Cold Active Member

Bought some of silvercreek's resin last week, and while I've not had the chance to use it as much as I'd have liked yet, from the initial test drive, it's an awesome addition to any tyer's bag of tricks.

I've never used CCG, Loon, etc., so I can't compare to those, but 10 seconds of UV light to get what'd take a half hour or more in layered SHAN is fantastic. So far, the consistency seems about right too, thick enough to stay where you put it, but thin enough to self-level.

3. Speyrod GB

Speyrod GB Active Member

I have never used any resins or epoxy. Can the resin be used in place of epoxy? Will it have the same effect? I am planning on using resin or epoxy for my salt water flies. Thanks.

4. silvercreek

silvercreek Active Member

You can use my resin to replace epoxy as a clear hard coating for salt water flies.

See this quote by stonefish on this post [COLOR=#030303][U][COLOR=#030303][U][COLOR=#030303]http://tinyurl.com/lxk73er[/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/U][/COLOR]

"Contact board member silvercreek.

He sells a UV cure that actually dries tack free. Something many brands promise but fail to deliver. I bought his high power light as well which makes curing fast and easy.

I've been using it all summer on my beach clousers and it stands up well to getting wacked on the beach.

I've used Loon and CCG but won't be any longer."

5. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

I will be placing my order soon!! I am waiting to get my allowance from my wife!!

6. Speyrod GB

Speyrod GB Active Member

Received my order the other day. Finally had a few moments to use it. It does dry tack free very quickly. Neat stuff. I will be using more stick on eyes for some of my SRC flies. Smoothed out the mono I used for making a new loop on my floating line as well. Thanks Silver.

7. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

Allowance got approved!! Money sent.. I look forward to using it soon. Again thanks for your patience.

8. I love babies

I love babies Member

This is a really good product! I used it for SRC flies and also I used it to replace a couple of guides on my rods! So far I can't tell if its as good as flex coat but definitely faster and easier! Have you used your resin to coat thread wraps silver Creek?

9. silvercreek

I've never used it for coating thread wraps. I'm not sure how durable it would be. It is able to flex a bit without cracking.

10. bfic

bfic Member

PM sent

11. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Home Page:
    Just got it in a few days ago, thanks for the expedient service! Used it last night and it's the perfect thickness and true to form, tack free! I usually use Hydro and like its more fluid consistency, Silvercreeks is just a bit thicker but not stiff so it flows and coats in a smooth and even manner, much easier to manage.
    Thanks good sir!

12. silvercreek

Thanks for the great review.

13. Charles Blume

Charles Blume New Member

I can't find a PM button, but would like to purchase your UV system also ? My email; ccblume@pondyachts.net

Thanks, Charlie

14. silvercreek

To send a PM, click on the poster's name and then on "start a conversation" to send a PM to that person.

For example, you would click on "silvercreek" on this post and then on "start a conversation" under my name in the pop up window.

15. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

do you have any kits with the standard lights avaliable?