Talking marine worms....

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Chester Allen, May 22, 2009.

1. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Here is a killer clam worm pattern they use in the North Atlantic in Denmark for sea trout and salmon

2. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Hooker, you are out of line sir... Chester is right in that this forum is a place for all of us to share information. Sure, there should be general guidelines as to what information should and shouldn't be posted. However, patterns and techniques are probably the two most important reasons that this forum was even created in the first place...and probably the reason why you joined yourself. I don't get the impression Chester cares more about himself then the fishery. If you have any sense and insight as to what kind of information Chester shares through his posts and his blog, you would recognize that as a fact. Go back to your anger driven, secret life of not sharing anything to protect your own selfish motives and fishing techniques. Maybe you should begin questioning why you are even here before you tell people to STFU...

3. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

please send GPS cordinates of last fish caught

4. Chester Allen

Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

Home Page:
    Hooker -- This is getting exhausting. We have gone from you saying that I give up beaches and tell every secret left in Puget Sound. Now, you've whittled that down to one post that I wrote about an experience on an unnamed beach last Tuesday.

So, now we're down to one beach that I fished last Tuesday -- out of more than 200 posts I've made on this board. Still, I went back to the thread and NO ONE named the beach I fished on Tuesday.

And I suspect that some of the people who posted on that thread have a completely different beach in mind. What's more, the fishing was BAD on that beach on that day.

In any case, how is that particular post any different from hundreds of posts on this board?

I don't come onto this board to argue. I come here to learn stuff, share information and have fun. I've been a fly angler for 40 of my 48 years, and I love this sport and the fish and the places. I write outdoors for a living for two newspapers, and I don't name spots in those articles.

What makes me sad about all this is that we'd probably say hello and have a nice talk if we met by chance on a beach. We probably share a lot of common interests -- after all, we are both here talking about fishing Puget Sound.

My name is on my posts and my blog and my outdoor writing. If you do see me on a beach, please say hello. I rarely see other anglers on the beaches that I fish.

5. Hooker

Hooker Banned or Parked

you are clueless. You probably dont have anything worth sharing like most of the guys on here. You are here to learn and you want everything to be told to you. I can understand that, because most people are lazy and want to have everything fed to them and not have to put in any work.
    The reason i joined is to see attached pictures and talk fishing. I didnt join to tell every idiot out there how to fish. Thats something people should learn on their own. Sure, get the basics, have a mentor, but actually work for something too. Learn how to fish a beach on your own, learn what fly works when, learn how to be successful. Its part of the game and should be part of the learning curve. Unfortunately we have people here that want to be revered for telling everyone how to do it. I dont share what i know with everyone beacuse I RESPECT the fishery and most of those that do target coastal cuthroats on a regular basis.
    You and I read the same works with completely different takes on the material.

6. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

47.16'02.74"N
    122.33'47.42"W

My big secret spot!!!

7. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Why post about a PM like this? Pretty disrespectful move IMO.

8. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

You know, the discourse on this site is supposed to be friendly. I can imagine why some are offended when it comes to secret spots, flies, dates, etc. but what I can't imagine is that someone would blow up if another chooses to give up information for the benefit of the readers. Take for instance, a flie swap. I don't mind sending a fly, my own creation, to another flyfisher so he can enjoy what we all enjoy. There are enough beaches, flies, and fish for all of us if we are good stewards of them. It seems to me that we should be preaching steardship and conservation, proper playing and handling of the fish we catch, and proper, safe return of the resources we have. All it takes to be a successful flyfisherman is observation and practice. I can't tell you the number of people who fish my favorite beach and walk away emptyhanded while I have enjoyed success because I watched and learned the beach and developed fly patterns that attract the fish. If you want to know the name of the beach all you have to do is read my posts. If you want to know the flies that work, ask. It doesn't mean you'll be successful until you put in the time on the beach to learn it. I'm also sure there are young, impressionable people who read this site and I would hope we could all use a little restraint with our language when we write.

9. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Hooker, that'll do it for you. You're gone.

Chris

10. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

11. hendersonbaylocal

hendersonbaylocal Member

Agreed. It doesn't seem like there was any point to your post other than to flaunt the fact that someone asked you to keep quiet and you chose not to.

12. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

Well, as long as the cat's out of the bag, I'll take some heat with
    Chester.

SRCs and coho also eat krill, herring and bait fish, and I tie patterns to match.

There goes the neighborhood!

PS Just don't tell them about the sessile clam necks.

13. Chester Allen

Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

Home Page:
    Henderson and Ringlee -- I only mentioned the PM -- and didn't name any names -- because I thought the guy made an interesting point. I had no intention of disrespecting anyone, and I think my history on this board and in other venues backs that up.

I just wanted to see what other people thought -- and that has certainly happened.

I'm not flaunting anything. The guy brought up a point that is pretty central to this whole board, which is what do you share and what do you not share?

14. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

PM sent. We supportcha' Chester!!!:thumb:

Jc:)

15. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Chester, this isn't on you. You share what you want. If people get idigestion from it, they should take an antacid. My first post got me in more trouble on the board than I would care to talk about. I'm glad it's passed into history.