Tangles on my stripping apron

Yesterday I got a chance to try out my Airflow sixth sense WF5/6S3. No more tangles! I went far to long untangling my SA Wet Cel WF-5-S sink IV. My new line shoots off the apron like a dream. However getting accustomed to the new line was difficult. I was having difficulty getting a good loop at the end of the cast. I really like the no tangles thing but I seem to have gone back two steps in my casting ability. I'm thinking it's just a timing thing that practice will resolve. Any input would be much appreciated, Jim

mbowers

Yesterday I got a chance to try out my Airflow sixth sense WF5/6S3. No more tangles! I went far to long untangling my SA Wet Cel WF-5-S sink IV. My new line shoots off the apron like a dream. However getting accustomed to the new line was difficult. I was having difficulty getting a good loop at the end of the cast. I really like the no tangles thing but I seem to have gone back two steps in my casting ability. I'm thinking it's just a timing thing that practice will resolve. Any input would be much appreciated, Jim
I'd guess the change from 5 to 5/6 weight plus the low stretch core make the line act 1/2 to 3/4 line weight heavier.. Slow down because rod is more heavily loaded is my first thought..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Definitely need more practice. I was wondering if the new line was more heavily loading the rod. I'll try slowing down. And thanks again to all you folks for helping me learn about stillwater fishing. I can only imagine how (much more) clueless I would be without this forum. Jim