Tangles on my stripping apron

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Jiminsandiego, Oct 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Starman77

Starman77 Active Member

I've used the RIO Aqualux and Aqualux II clear intermediate lines for years and love those lines. They cast well, don't have much line memory, don't coil much and last a long time.

Rex

Buzzy likes this.
  2. Jiminsandiego

Jiminsandiego Active Member

Yesterday I got a chance to try out my Airflow sixth sense WF5/6S3. No more tangles! I went far to long untangling my SA Wet Cel WF-5-S sink IV. My new line shoots off the apron like a dream. However getting accustomed to the new line was difficult. I was having difficulty getting a good loop at the end of the cast. I really like the no tangles thing but I seem to have gone back two steps in my casting ability. I'm thinking it's just a timing thing that practice will resolve. Any input would be much appreciated, Jim

3. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

How about putting your time in like the rest of us fly fishers...I've only been at it 51+ years and still am learning. Just cast, fish and have fun!

CrawBugger, Buzzy and Old406Kid like this.
  4. mbowers

mbowers Active Member

I'd guess the change from 5 to 5/6 weight plus the low stretch core make the line act 1/2 to 3/4 line weight heavier.. Slow down because rod is more heavily loaded is my first thought..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Jiminsandiego

Jiminsandiego Active Member

Definitely need more practice. I was wondering if the new line was more heavily loading the rod. I'll try slowing down. And thanks again to all you folks for helping me learn about stillwater fishing. I can only imagine how (much more) clueless I would be without this forum. Jim

Starman77, Old406Kid and Buzzy like this.