Teal, Round II

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Ron McNeal, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Life's good!

Since your post was directed at us (me), rather than the general forum, I feel compelled to say that, for the record, I do enjoy fishing Teal and, because I do, I gave the Port Ludlow Fly Fishers a very nice contribution (at least I thought it was a nice contribution) two years ago (you can check with their treasurer if you're concerned and inclined) and I helped, quite a bit actually, with the construction of the Teal Lake access site when it was originally built. I worked long and hard with Archie & Earl and a bunch of the other Club members at that time. I don't remember you being a member then. But, please, for my sake and your peace of mind, do check with your treasurer. I don't much like inferences that I might be a dead-beat.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. funfisher

funfisher Fish On!

The term "you guys" was intended for anyone and everyone who enjoys fishing Teal Lake. PLFF is a very small club and can use any help we can get. Chill out man. You are being waaayy too sensitive. Tight lines!

3. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Well, that was fun. Hope you guys are all good. I'm sure no one really meant to upset anyone.

So is it safe to assume that Teal Lake is officially off of the "secret" westside list? Last year when Nick posted a pic of one of those hogs I didn't reply because that is the kind of thread you want to see disappear. Just sayin, not officially following my policy, yeah I know that, thanks.

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Hmmm... am I the Nick youre rererring to?

Cause its been a couple years since ive posted a pic of one of these fish and I never named the lake. I generally never do

5. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

You are correct Nick, I was recalling something different. Thanks for the correction.

6. Matt B

Matt B ...

Great fish! Nothing on any of the emergent swap flies huh? I ask because I haven't fished any of them yet.

7. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Life's good!

Hey Matt- Those flys are still tagged and lying on my desk; too nice to be fished..... I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I haven't tied up imitations for my own boxes yet. It's nice to have a long "to-do" list....

8. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Life's good!

OK, I get it. BUT, mine were the only recent posts about Teal Lake: about two successive visits that Larry & I made, so I don't think I was being all that sensitive to think your post was directed at us (me).

Sooo, anyway, your point about the Port Ludlow Flyfishers is a v-e-r-y good one!

And, as Emily Litella said, "Never mind......."

Again (and as an edit), Dr. Johnson said,

"I have got no further than this: Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it. Martyrdom is the test."

9. Bonsai

Bonsai Jerry

Can't wait to get the home improvements done so I can take a day off and go fishing with you guys. The outing at Munn Lake will probably be the first time I can get away.
    Munn is another lake that has special rules and plants. These lakes need to be protected and supported as best we can. I want to try out my new Butter Stick and some of
    the files we have received from the swaps. Maybe I will make the 20/20 club this year.