Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Team Rugged I need your help 911!!!

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  MacRowdy 
#1 ·
Team Rugged I need your help.

I love nothing more than sittin' around the campfire, talking story, enjoying a nice tumbler of Black Velvet and feasting like Caligula. It is just that I am getting too damned old- n- stoved up to sleep on the ground. :bawling Ive done my time.

I am looking at Coulee Lodge Resort on the north end of Blue Lake that has cabins for around $50 a night( to be confirmed). It looks like north end of Blue Lake is close(within 5 miles) to Dry Falls Lake by my map.

Do any of you grizzled vets of Dry Falls Lake know of this place or of any motels closer to the campground?

Any info greatly appreciated and I will share what I find out as I am waiting for a call back from the resort.

Thanks in advance,
David:beer2

#3 ·
Well I don't think that your older than me and I'm gonna just sleep in my car. I will be all set up with a air matteress to keep my old bones off the floor. But if you sleep off the site and the rangers abide by the rules they will either lock you in or out what ever be the case. Some times they don't open the gates until 0700. Just a word of caution.

But if it is cheap enough just let another old man know about it.

Jim

#4 ·
Hi:
We've got a motel in Coulee City, The Ala Cozy for approx. $46. that a lot of flyfishers use. Coulee Lodge, Laurent's and Blue Lake Resort are also in that range and are located on Blue Lake. While fishing Dry Falls, don't overlook Park & Blue. Mainly bait slingers but the fly fishing can be great and is pretty much ignored by the 206'rs.
<*(((><

#8 ·
Blue and Park lake are not open when the group will be there fishing. They don't open up until the last week in April. As a matter of fact only Dry Falls is open,the rest of the lakes in that area open up under the general lakes open weekend. So don't get caught on any of the other lakes.

Jim

#11 ·
MAC...I think you have a typo in your above post...it should read "And as Founder of Team Wussy and Gay-Wads we can even make it a sponsored event." }( }( }( }(

~Patrick ><>

"All too often we choose to see the fog in the clarity" Falling Up

#12 ·
Well Mac,
I took the advice of Couleeflyfisher and booked a room at the Ala Cozy Motel for Friday and Saturday nights. King size bed and a kitchenette for $47 plus tax. It is about 4 miles from DryFalls Lake and the proprietor told me they are about half full for that weekend so far.
Anyone want the phone number send me a message.
I will be over Friday, leaving the Bothell/MillCreek area as soon as momma gets off work(noonish)

David :beer2

BTW
The rustic cabins at the resort I called were $65 plus tax a night and they had new trailers from $85-100 a night.

#14 ·
Boy do I love my Subaru. No charge if I stay the night. Just me and my air matteress and my sleeping bag. Sure going to miss almost nothing. And campground only $5.00 a night.

Jim

Edit: Boy I sure wish I could type and spell that way I wouldn't have to edit these so much.:beathead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.