Teardrop Trailer

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Thought about that myself Mike. I think that's a great way to go and save a little gas money. You might have to show me your project sometime.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I won't use one. Mostly since I'm always towing a boat of some sort. So have my Alaskans on my truck. BUT, I do have a cooking website I go to that is partnered up with a teardrop collectors and builders. If you want the link, let me know. I like the camp cook side. So I never go over to the tear drop side (two different sites). They are neat little trailers, but way underkill for this kid. LOL.

Riverman

There's guys on eBay that sells plans for these campers... The teardrops are nice, but for my use I like this little one that's tall enough to stand in.

Add some paint or an aluminum covering and it would be a fine fishing rig.

Someone in K_Falls Oregon restores old Airstreams, teardrops and '40's thru early '60s trailers. There are a few (3) at the RV Park I stay in on the Trinity in Lewiston. I'll see if I can get the name of the company when I go up this Friday. They are some sweet units, albeit a bit small and primitive for my old bones. I like that shower at the end of the day.

Ed Call

Doc, great looking trailer there, fantastic work. What trailer platform did you build it on? Are you ready to build me a utility trailer for my two man pontoon? I'll gladly row you around on a river or in an estuary next time one familiar to us is filled with fish.

Hi Ed, I went to Harbor Freight and got their largest 4 x 8 trailer frame. I started by boltng it all together then built the TD on that frame. Took me about 8 weeks to "get ur done". I suspect you need something a little larger to handle two toons.

Mike

Mike that is way bigger than the teardrops trailers I have seen. That is like a mansion next to the one my sister in law has. It has room for two to sleep and the cooking set-up outside in a rear lift up.
It looks great have fun.
Blessings
jesse clark

David Loy

Senior Moment
I like the teardrops I've seen and am smitten with the idea. Have a large (& a small) Parawing tarp as the outdoor lounge so a teardrop sleepy cave with a chef's trunk would be a perfect complement. Except for when I drag the DB along.
Enjoy.