NFR Tenkara

bitterroot

Love vintage graphite!
Tenkara, tenkara, tenkara...tenkara, tenkara...tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara.

Sorry, but it's Friday night, it's pouring rain, blowing like hell and I just needed to have several drinks.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Rain, what's that. It's been in the high 50's today and supposed to be warmer tomorrow. It's been raining in the mountains and it's melting what snow is up there. Should be an early spring run off this year.

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
There is an old saying from the old land where the old people fish with ancient gear, passed from one hand to another in great and sacred old-skool ceremony:

"In the land of the one-armed... Tenkara fisherman is King...."

Old Man

Just an Old Man
It sure is funny that the Japanese took credit for something that all the kids did fishing growing up. A cane pole and a piece of string with a hook on the end. And you had to stick a worm on the hook. Worked all the time. No need for a fancy fishing rod.

Chad Lewis

NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
A cane pole and a piece of string with a hook on the end. And you had to stick a worm on the hook. Worked all the time. No need for a fancy fishing rod.
Damnit! Fool that I am to spend all that money on expensive fly fishing gear!

Having said that, I want a tenkara rod too.

Ed Call

I'm catching up on the Tenkara madness. Yes, I said Tenkara madness. Old Man, Tenkara was the source of our cane poles, cane poles did not spawn Tenkara. That ought to get me all caught up with the Tenkara thread for now. Time to reload the fridge.