TFO Jim Teeny 8wt

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Wade Peterson, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Wade Peterson

Wade Peterson New Member

This is my first post here so I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. A few years ago I bought a TFO Jim Teeny 8 wt fly rod. I've always liked it! Never really put a lot of thought into the rod until I started to nerd out on fly gear more recently. Does anyone else have this rod? Just looking for opinions and a little banter. I like TFO and am on my third one with my Deer Creek 6wt switch rod. Just curious about the JimTeeny model. It doesn't seem like it had a long run....

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have two TFO rods and they both serve my purposes very nice. I imagine that your Jim Teeny rod will serve you nice also.

Grayone likes this.
  3. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

That rod only casts Teeny nymphs.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  4. Porter

Porter Active Member

of course this after you have thrown a rock or two? :p

5. JE

JE Active Member

If you can spot 'em, you got 'em!!

6. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

The Jim Teeny rod is still alive and well. I have a 5 wt., 8 wt., and two 9 wts. They are excellent blanks with average components, unfotunately. Jim Teeny took back his sgnature rods a while back. They are still built by TFO and you can buy them at Sportsman's Warehouse @ $199. I think the early ones were a charcoal blank, perhaps but the are a green blank, now. They cast very well. I bought mine as backups but they get more and more use, especially the 5 wt. It's a really good sea run cutthroat rod with an intermediate or floating line and all rods from 4 thru 12 come with a fihhting butt. Well worth the price.