The Arboretum??

daveypetey

Hey all-

I am on my final stretch here in WA sadly, and want to make the most of my time. That hopefully can include pounding the area around the arboretum for smallies, etc... but my question is can I launch my little kick boat in from that little area by the parking lot just past the residential area entrance? I sadly don't own a canoe yet. Also is it even worth it? Looks muddy and potentially shallow but all the lilly pads sure look inviting. Any advice, thoughts, or commentary would be great.

Dave

You can launch there no prob. It's not really muddy, although it is shallow, hence the pond lilies. The bottom is mud/muck. My 2 brief fishing sessions there over the past years have not yielded fish but I have talked to others who have done well.

Out of work early!!! Looking at water temps and am not to familiar with what temp the smallies up here start to become active. I'd hate to rent a canoe with temps that are way to cold. Any thoughts?

daveypetey

I kicked boated it which really wasn't bad at all. The channel between the lilies is plenty deep to not stir anything up. Sadly the bait fish I had seen schooling along the gravel put in were no where to be seen, and I think it's might just to muddy to reliably catch fish through there. It sure does look like it should be fishing better for sure, though.

JD, I'd love to hit it up some time, I live right up the street.

Dave