The fish gods are punishing me...

ColdArkansan

Redneck Scientist
I haven't touch my fly gear in a several months, I also haven’t posted on this forum in a long time. it’s a travesty, I know. But those months between October and February are devoted to our feathered friends in the sky. I’m Going out to chase the non-existent steelhead in a few weeks and I started tying up some flies. Got about 10 flies into my groove and BAM! One of the jaws in the old Renzetti snapped. I was more surprised than anything. I honestly didn’t swear and my dog was there to vouch for me. Any of you guys ever have this happen? The Jaws are off to Renzetti for replacements and I was fortunate enough to know someone who had a set that would fit my vice.

IMG_0679.JPG

i just bought the newest all black renzetti traveler 2300 to replace an original 1980s traveler. i guess i'd better keep the old jaws nearby. ;)

however i dont expect any problems with the new one.

ColdArkansan

Redneck Scientist
Very, very common on Renzetti vises.
Interesting that you say that cause from what I've researched it's not a super popular thing to happen.... regardless, renzetti is replacing it. I've heard of the very tip of the jaws breaking but not many breaking at the screw hole.

Edit - I stand corrected, Looks like it was an issue with some early generation vises afterall... Crow eatn'

Rob Ast

I bought one lightly used from the classifieds. Vice looked brand new, in original box and everything. Within 5 flies the same thing happened. And renzetti gave me a hard time about replacing them as a manufacturing defect.

ColdArkansan

Redneck Scientist
I bought one lightly used from the classifieds. Vice looked brand new, in original box and everything. Within 5 flies the same thing happened. And renzetti gave me a hard time about replacing them as a manufacturing defect.
Bummer! They were really nice to me and I didn't have any issues. How long ago was this?

GAT

Dumbfounded
This sort of thing never happens unless you piss of the fly tying gods.

Never. Absolutely never.

:eek: :D

Over the years, I've heard it is common for that model of vise. If Renz is replacing the jaws free of charge... no harm, no foul.