The fishing braided line on Inflatables?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Aukshot1028, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Aukshot1028

Aukshot1028 New Member

I was talking a dealer concerning the inflatables and he powerfully counseled not victimisation braided fishing line whereas on the Hobie inflatables as a result of it will saw through the inflatables material. I actually have transitioned to braided line, however, use long rods, therefore, I feel I will keep the braid away from the kayak pretty simply. The matter is that if troll with a downrigger that has a braided line, if the downrigger ball gets snagged the road the braid would be near the kayak probably might saw through the fabric.

Has anyone had negative experiences with braided line on the inflatables? Besides longer rods, the other thanks to minimizing the risk?"

2. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

I'm seriously looking for the fly-fishing angle in all this.

3. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

What, you don’t use down riggers while trolling Pass Lake?

4. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Huge Member

The braided line connecting the stinger hook to my shanks has yet to cause a problem on my raft. Not really sure how 2” of line could, but hey, there it is.

triploidjunkie and Dustin Bise like this.
  5. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

I will admit to using braided leaders occasionally but I learned the hard way that a 40 lb downrigger ball will snap a 7x leader. It happened so quickly that the braided leader never had the chance to damage my kayak. Later that day, I hooked a fish that was so heavy I thought I'd hooked a halibut in Pass Lake. It took forever to land and almost flipped my kayak over. When I finally got it up, it turned out that the 12" trout that ate my chironomid was foul hooked on the fly that was attached to the snapped 7x braided leader. The 7x braided leader had gotten wrapped on the 40lb downrigger ball hardware, which had fallen back into the water without me noticing. The 40 lbs added to the 12" trout made it feel like a beast! I was truly disappointed to learn that I was not going to be setting a new state record with this trout. I thought about shoving the downrigger ball down the trout's throat and submitting it to the State for weighing, but no amount of Aquel or WD40 (just for my squeaky oar locks, I swear. :cool:) would help that ball get down its throat. Don't worry though, the fish swam away unharmed!

Back to the original question, when I landed it, I did make sure to keep what was left of the 7x braided leader away from my kayak though.

6. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

What about Sharkskin fly line?

7. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Well-Known Member

Aukshot's writing makes as much sense as Trump speaking. Maybe they went to the same school.

8. Matt B

Matt B ...

I don’t know why, but I clicked on his hyperlink. The author of that scintillating text (sample below) definitely attended the same writing seminar as Aukshot.

“It features impressively low stretch characteristic and comes with an excellent sensitivity. You can use this admirable best braided fishing line to fish many fish varieties such as Walleye, Trout, Panfish, or even Bass. It can practically influence your fishing activity and increase the efficiency because of the smoothness of the body of the line and the reduced diameter.”

9. quilbilly

quilbilly Big Time Hater

Reads like it is something out of a language translator website....

10. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

He says he is a teacher. Perhaps not grammar.

Freestone and b_illymac like this.
  11. b_illymac

b_illymac Member Active

This reminds me of that deep balls trolling downrigger guy. Hans? :D

12. jwg

jwg Active Member

so this was a clever story and link placement to get folks to buy braided line on amazon, albeit not to an appropriate forum.

j

13. Matt B

Matt B ...

Yeah, except I'm not so sure about the clever part.

14. Matt B

Matt B ...

Let's look at aukshot's first sentence in this thread. It's truly a masterpiece of wtf.

"I was talking a dealer concerning the inflatables and he powerfully counseled not victimisation braided fishing line whereas on the Hobie inflatables as a result of it will saw through the inflatables material."

15. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

This thread is making not making sense non sense...Hope everyone involved not involved is happy unhappy...