The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by jordan101, Apr 29, 2013.

1. jordan101

jordan101 Member

I was out this weekend in the Winthrop Area.

First the good. Had a great time fishing Big Twin. Caught a lot of fish. Mostly on Chironomids. I think the wind helped move the chirinomid around. I did drag a bugger for a while and that worked too.

The Bad: The wind was really tough. Incredibly tough. Anyone out there had to work really hard.

Now the Ugly. I showed up to Little Twin this morning to find at least a dozen fishheads and guts at the boat launch. I met a man this morning who says he had confronted the group the night before who were cleaning the fish and has a the photo of the license plate of the vehicle. He said that they were on the suspicious side. I asked him to report it to the game warden or email the photo in. He told me that he did not have a computer which is okay. I mentioned that he should call it in. As the conversation went on it seemed that he was going to do nothing. I got frustrated because of the of the what appeared to be a "do nothing but complain" mentality. It really should be "see something, say something" I want him to be a witness not a cop. I don't want anyone to put themselves in a dangerous situation. Just report what you witnessed. There is an obligation to do at least that part. I really hope that he did take the time to call it in.

Time to get off of my high horse, it was still a great weekend.

Rowland

Attached Files:

2. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

And the regs are posted right next to the boat launch.

Rowland - Even though you didn't see the people fishing / cleaning fish, you could at least report it in hopes that they swing by a itlle more often. The heads / entrails in the water would sure back up your report. Stay on that high horse.

MB

3. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Why did the guy bother taking a photo of the license plate if he wasn't going to report the offenders? Sheeesh.

4. Donato

Donato Member

I saw a young guy and his lady friend at Big Twin on Sat that were fishing spinners out of a boat with a trolling motor. He hooked a fish and never put the boat in nutral. To make matters worse, he never put the fish back and kept fishing. There was no way in that wind that I could catch up with him in my pontoon boat. I saw kids with stingers of fish at the camp ground. Maybe their one fish maybe not.
    Did you do well on Little twin?

5. jordan101

jordan101 Member

Little Twin was good until the wind came. The wind on Monday was worse than the weekend because it got much colder.

6. jordan101

jordan101 Member

7. Donato

Donato Member

Jordan
    I'm glad my girlfriend didn't get Mon off. You weren't one of the guys in the big wall tent at the end of the camp ground?

8. jordan101

jordan101 Member

Hey Donato,

I stayed a friends cabin in Mazama. I did look for you on Saturday to see how your chironomid experience was going. There were 3 couples on the lake and I could not determine which was you. We may have met the year before. I was in a blue "float and tote" fishing chironomids near the shoreline and I remember talking to a couple.

Rowland

9. Donato

Donato Member

My girlfriend was in a small blue cadis pontoon boat. It had 4ft pontoons I was in a green bucks bag pontoon boat. I know you chirono guys killed them last weekend .watched one old guy from Wenachee just slay them. He must have caught over 40 in the morning. I'm sure not there yet.

10. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

You can put the poaching hot line number in you phone. Non emergency violations / poaching: 1-877-933-9847. Kind of surprising what happen when the phone comes out.....