The Klickitat pisses me off.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Paul Huffman, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

It can be a rodeo when that happens! The fish on my avatar I caught from the rowers seat in my two man Scadden. I was using fins while my wife (luckily a light-weight woman) was reading a book, having gotten tired of casting flies. I was in pretty fast current and had to fin my way across the river to a shallow spot-just about got a leg cramp! The end result was a fish landed. Rick

2. JS

JS Active Member

iagree

People don't get it. I had a great year on the klick, not because I caught 100 fish, but because I learned a lot, swung some great water and enjoyed being on a unique river. If you cant handle getting skunked, you are not a steelheader. I dont have anything against the bead, I have used it to my advantage for YEARS, but this fad of solely fishing the bead on the go is blanker than blank. I swear to god I was the one of the FEW people swinging that river this year.

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I swung my ass off on that river this year, but never did manage to get one to take. In 8 trips, I swung probably 75% of the time, but only managed to catch fish on the beads. Made me feel like less a man.

4. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

That is why Mumbles new video is so d--m funny! Rick

5. bouface

bouface Member

Wow, talk about offensive!

6. JS

JS Active Member

Settle down there guy, its a joke. Rather than run the risk of the interweb flame for being insensitive, I edited it for you.

7. hjbigrapids

hjbigrapids New Member

Big Rapids, MI, Olympic Peninsula, Seattle
    Under no circumstances will you post about the Klickitat as it has been my river for over 40 years....... Just funning.... I have spent a lot of days there and usually there is no one around. Do I catch fish????? It does not really matter as I love the country. It's not about catching fish, it is about enjoying where you are at......

As it has been posted, "most men do not realize that what they are fishing for is not fish".....

8. flatheadmatt

flatheadmatt Member

skunkd=more time to drink beer....I fished ye ol klick a few days back, fished hard in fact and had my ass handed to me on a platter. Cooked a killer shore lunch with some good friends, swung some beautiful water, and enjoyed the view. I watched a good friend land a fish from the boat on a bead due to a recent motorcycle accident preventing him from wading.......made the whole trip. I dunno, when chasing these fish getting skunkd has become the norm for me lately...maybe due to lack of hard fishing, but i still enjoy myself and have a few beers....

9. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Huge Member

Ummmm, HELL YEAH! Drives me nuts to see all the talk/bitching about that river, but in the end she ain't an easy river to fish. Most of the season she blows out, the rest of the time salmon push the fish around. I guess its time to just sit back and let her take care of the crowds by being that hot/cold little bitch she is.

Time to move east anyway.

10. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

really???
    \
    more complaining about the Klickitat huh? the crowds, the boats, and the beads?

GOOD LORD!

11. JS

JS Active Member

Yeah dude, Im tired of hearing it too. If you don't like it, don't go. I do like it, so I'll be on it again every weekend from the end of July through October.

12. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

place is so gay! people fish beads there! WTF!??! totally ruined. once tranquil, now soiled like a crusty tube sock. the worst part is, other people go there. some of them have BOATS you would not even believe it Jared not even F_in around. you should never go there again. you will be disgusted.

13. JS

JS Active Member

BEADS!!!!! Blasphemy!!!!! I will never go there again. I remember a beautiful time when the bead was something some people knew about, and nobody talked about it. I've never caught a fish on the OP, but I guarantee that I am going to swing the shit out of it too. However, on the go, I will be fishing a pink sanjuan worm (that my friends and I have been fishing for around four years now) with a fucking bead trailer.

14. Ryan Nathe

Ryan Nathe Member

I remember a beautiful time when 'the bead' wasn't considered to be flyfishing.

Derek Young and golfman65 like this.
  15. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

Home Page:
    The Klick is an amazing river that has way too much pressure on it. There is so much good swinging water I can't believe how many people nymph the shit out of it. I have a lot of friends that do really well on it and skate a lot of fish while the bead show is all over them. The guys who nymph the shit out of it just do not get it. I do run the bobber from time to time, but that is not the only way to catch fish on this or any river.