Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

The lake with the FULL parking lot

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Pulled in about 1:30pm, stopped counting at about 28 vehicles. There must have been 15 campers/trailers and 3-4 guys with tents already set up. I never expected it to be such a zoo on a weekday! Decided to try elsewhere.

Decided to drop down to the first lake, only 8 cars there. Four guys on the water when I arrived, two hours of fishing and 1 fish to hand and one busted off on the take. Did not see any of the other compadres hook/release fish. I did overhear one of the guys talking to his buddy say something like 4 fish in 4 hours.

Decided to take the long way home and stop for some cutthroats, even landed a couple:thumb: An unusually warm day for early March and absolutely dead calm.

Jarron

#4 ·
To look on the bright side, that's a parking lot full of liscences, gear from local fly shops, and people who are in love with the sport. There is an upside to just about everything.

#10 ·
I was there as well. It was full, but plenty of room to fish. 7 fish in about 5 hours of fishing. I've done worse, I've done better. Used my 5 weight switch to chironomid with and got the skunk off of it. Fun rod to chiro with.

Wayne

#8 ·
Why can't we just name it? Don't let the naysaers dicourage us from giving decent reports anymore.

I am fishing Lenore on Saturday. When I can I will give a detailed report. I will even tell you the rock I was standing on.

Ira..

#11 ·
Ira- I was just being a little facetious with my cryptic message. I think most people here on this board knew which lake(s) I was speaking of. I have no problem reporting on Lenice and the like, just trying to be a little too cute with my verbage.:thumb:

J- I 100% agree with you about the licenses, gear ect...I will just wait to fish it until all those nice people have packed up after the first three weeks of March. I have fished this lake quite a bit during the other months it is open, I was just not expecting it to be that crazy on a weekday. Lesson learned.

RobA- I don't think break-ins have been a problem like they were 2-3 years ago, they busted a few suckers and it seems to have slowed down from what people have been reporting.

Will be at Lenore in about 3 weeks, will post a report BY NAME at that time.

Jarron

#13 ·
Water temp at Nunally was 44-46 degrees on Thursday. I heard it was about 50 degrees at Lenice. Could be why one is fishing better than the other. I also think we need more quality lakes, especially around G'dale. SS

#14 ·
Lenice was 50 degrees yesterday when I checked it. I was surprised to see it so warm. We've had nice days over here but it has been cold in the mornings and mid fifties in the afternoon.

Wayne

#16 ·
Slipstream-
Good call on the water temp, I did not check it on Thursday. If those numbers you and others reported were the case, maybe that did have something to do with the slow fishing.

Wayne-
Did you stick with the chiros or did you have any luck down deeper with an intermediate/sinker?

Jarron

#20 ·
Did anyone see any good hatches coming off today. We were at a different lake and just saw occasional bugs coming off. Fishing was hit and miss. At one point I went 4 fish in 20 minutes then nothing for 2 hours. Go figure. I had 48 degree water. I think 2 more weeks will do the trick. Keep the reports coming.

#22 ·
If it was me coming up on a full parking lot. I would not be stopping there to fish. Anymore than three people on a lake in Washington is a crowded lake and I won't fish there. I never did like to fish in crowded conditions.

I did an Opening day when I fished with gear. Never again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.