Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

The launch at Amber Lake

832 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jerry White 
#1 ·
Is it still blocked? Can you legally launch next to it? I want to go out there next Saturday to get my daughter started with a little fly casting. The only way that is going to happen is if I can get my drift boat in the water.

#2 ·
Stewart:
There are boats on the lake all the time and I see them launching next to the concrete pads. I don't know but it seems that the launch was partially blocked to keep out larger boats. The rules prevent motors so If your rowing I think your good to go. Post a report if you go out early this week. I would like to know how you did.
Blessings
jesse

#3 ·
Thanks Jesse. I may not even make it out next weekend. I'm going to squeeze in a trip to Silver Mountain on Saturday... At this rate I won't be there until the 13th

I appreciate the info on the launch. I've fished Amber twice in a pontoon. I knew I had seen one boat that was too big to hand launch.

#5 ·
Hey Stewart. The launch works great for small craft, and I've even put my 16 foot drift boat on just to the right of the rocks blocking the ramp (just enough room). No problem. You might also consider just casting room the ramp or the bank to the south. This is a pretty good, brush free place to learn to cast. you or your daughter might just get a nice fish right there... I've caught some big ones right there.
Good luck and have fun.
JW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.