NFR The no fishing fishing report.. from downtown Bellevue!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by flybill, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

Mutiny!!!!

2. Brad Niemeyer

Brad Niemeyer Old School Member

Home Page:
    I have to ask:
    Who made that rule?
    Why?
    And who was enforcing it?

I'd guess there is no fishing at that cement pond ( no fish) Casting looks like fishing so folks who don't know the difference get confused. I would think casting on the lawn would be perfectly permissible, so on the pond should also be.

I'd go back and sooner or later folks will get used to it.

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Ha, that brings back memories! Fall of '68 I was beginning my freshman year at U of W, and I went over to Bellevue to play poker with some friends whom I hadn't seen for a couple of years. In the wee hours, as the poker game ended, our clouded judgement sent us on a mission...to wake up the security guards in Bellevue Square! Sure enough, the one we found was dozing in his rig. We put him back on the job in short order, with bright headlights and a honking horn. He didn't like that, so he called the cops. They showed up pronto and pulled us over. But they thought it was sort of funny, and let us go!
    I'll bet they put those guards on Segways and said, "Ha, we'd like to see you try to sleep on the job on that thing!"

4. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Kemper runs the show over there, so call if it makes you feel better, but it's not going to get you anywhere.

5. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Sometimes the best layed plans just don't work out !!!!!

6. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

City of Bellevue I guess, but don't know for sure... the guy told Leland our backcasts were dangerous to others in the park.. total bs.. He was a private security gaurd, don't recall the company.

Anyway its worked out now, since we can get a permit for this and then still teach down there... Don't know why a permit would make it any safer, but that's the case... maybe they'll rope off the area or make the guard stand behind use and direct others in the park away from backcasts...

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

You all know that people are curious and they always want to stand behind you when you practice casting. I noticed that when we used to play around at lake Tye in Monroe. You had to stop and ask them to move.

Fly casting is not like other types of fishing where there isn't any back casting going on.