The return of Partridge

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Tim Cottage, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Dec 9, 2003
    Those who like Partridge hooks but have been frustrated with availability will be happy to read the following. Those who are not familiar with Partridge need to take a long close look.

Hello All

Finally, the time has come to publicly announce the great new Partridge Hook line up for 2005. This is the first place you get to see it. Lots of things are going on with Partridge these days. I have done a whole lot over the past 12 months to make some needed changes. You will see that the Partridge hook offering has nearly tripled in size! You will also see that many favorite classics are back and some even got an overhaul. We have vastly improved tooling now and the overall quality of the hooks is much higher. We have also taken the necessary steps to make getting a Partridge hook easy. Seems simple enough . . . being able to find a hook . . . but this has not been the case over the past many years. Well, I think we have crossed the bridge now and we have reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is the link to the official 2004/2005 offering.
    You will see that many items are stock and some are special order. Special order items will not take 2 lifetimes to get . . . really, I promise.

A couple things to keep in mind. The target date to have all the programmed hooks in stock was September 30th, so some of the hooks might not be ready yet. That being said, a whole lot of these hooks are in stock and ready to ship to dealers. If you cannot find the hook you want in your area, your dealer can order the hooks for you. If they tell you they cannot order them, they are not telling the truth. It sure is frustrating to have hooks in stock and have dealers tell their customers they can't get them. If you have a question, shoot me an email at .

Link to Flashpoint Hooks

I am in no way affiliated with Partridge. I just love some of their hooks.
  2. speyman

speyman Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Home Page:

The good news is that the hooks are better than ever. They have the classic lines of the Partridge hook with the quality of Mustad manufacturing.

I have much of the Salmon and Steelhead inventory in stock already including doubles.

See if you need some iron.