NFR The Tokin' Fly Guy

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bloodmeridian, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Myself, I would use such an opportunity to teach my son the difference between legality and morality. I believe in being a good, law abiding citizen for the most part, however I do NOT want my son to spend his life blindly following rules for no reason. I want my son to be able to make his own informed decisions. I do not need Uncle Sam to make decisions in my life, nor dictate how I raise my son. When I'm running late to drop my boy off at school, and I run through the stop sign near my house that is completely pointless, my son thoroughly understands that while stopping at the stop sign is technically "the law", running through it in a hurry doesn't make me a criminal either. Neither does going 6 miles over the speed limit, or crossing a street without a cross walk. This is EXACTLY where I place the smoking pot issue. Laws be damned, I want my son to think for himself.

It's a good thing that others throughout our history had the courage to stand up against what was currently illegal.

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I'm waiting to see the sensitive request for gay fly anglers and how many get to bend their buddy over the fence rail. Geez... illegal is illegal.

ribka likes this.
  3. ribka

ribka Active Member

I could care less what people do in their lives. I do have a concern that large numbers of pot smokers are driving intoxicated to and from their fishing areas.

There are even threads on fly sites recommending the best weed to smoke for long road trips. amazing

4. ribka

ribka Active Member

Good luck collecting a tax on a cash product. Who will collect this tax? The state of Washington who is laying off employees?

Will private grows be outlawed then? There are currently 1000's of med marijuana grows now in Washington. How much tax has the state collected this far?

Govt produced weed will be quite a bit more expensive than private grown weed.

If the G puts a tax on it and sell from Govt run stores and you will create a a huge black market and crime will increase.

5. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

The only way I have managed to find steelhead fishing enjoyable is by huffing gold metallic spray paint. (thanks to whoever is kindly picking up all the cans)

6. mr. bad example

mr. bad example Member

dude your harshing my buzz.........

Ed Call likes this.
  7. lylelovett666

lylelovett666 Active Member

If being out amongst the forest,the river and the complete absorption of the fishing game doesn't do it for you unless loaded you are probably wasting your time.Besides standing in the river with a joint or a can Busch light seems like white trash gear head style. if you must get high take a tip from Jesse and class it up a bit with huffing.

8. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

If people enjoy having a safety meeting or blowing the fish whistle while out enjoying their fishing, I could care less.
    I'm far more concerned with meth tweakers trying to break into my rig while I'm out in the field then someone having a few tokes while fishing. Being attacked by wolves is my second greatest concern......

Ed Call likes this.
  9. PfleugerPhister

PfleugerPhister Active Member

Boy, I'm glad I have all you guys to tell me what's right and wrong and where I should do it.

The guy was asking for submissions to a magazine, not a morality lesson.

10. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    There happen to be gay members of this board, believe it or not (not myself, but I happen to be friends with some who are). And I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here. Being gay isn't illegal last I checked.

11. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

triploidjunkie and Irafly like this.
  12. dfl

dfl Active Member

My value system says that the individual is supreme in making decisions about their own body (personal freedom and responsibility) and that governments role is to guarantee weights, measures and purity of products, and enforce contracts. It is not to determine what is or is not suitable for me and it is not to employ it's powers of prohibition to protect me from me. It should protect you from me but NEVER me from me.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  13. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I think what we need down is a thread on which caliber handgun is best for protecting oneself from pot smoking hippies.

14. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

I find firearms to be quite useless in such situations. Throwing fun sized bags of Doritos and Ding Dongs and then running in the opposite direction is a much better method of escaping such dangers.

enlightened, Skysoldier and Ed Call like this.
  15. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Yeah or maybe some Patchouli Oil

We could also compress some clean soapy smelling water and put in a can, it would be like bear spray for hippies.