The view of a society ignorant of steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by ChrisC, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Hey Jim, the sea is gonna slide all over the WA coast when the "big one" hits. As of yet, I haven't gotten around to mooring to my garage's chimney a kayak loaded with survival gear and emergency rations. I do not feel comfortable with your choice of the adverb "soon" in your prediction. I hope you are talkin' geological time there, buddy!

Stay away from Butte. The "big one" will cause Butte to collapse into a gigantic crater, it being so undermined. Of course, when Yellerstone blows, it'll be the shot heard 'round the world, and probably will level all of Montana.:beer2:

2. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

We should all be so fortunate... very cool.

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I am just joking around. I or anyone could say the same about Seattle and Seattlites or Sedro Woolley and rednecks.

5. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

Ignorance is amazing. Comparing an animal that went extinct due to earths natural climate shifts and then one that is near extinction due to man.:rolleyes: What an idiot. And in regards to the liberal comment, I am as far from a liberal as can be, and this guy makes me sick.:beathead:

6. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Huge Member

This thread tells me more about the ignorance of PNW folks than it does about Californians. Do you think it would be any better in Texas? Kansas? New York?

Not all of CA is in LA. SF is actually mid-california....

Your stateism is highly offensive!

7. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

8. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Sadly, I agree 100%

9. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Here's a fact about the majority people in every state: People live in an artificial environment, where the natural landscape has been paved over and shelter built. Their food is artificially provided for them, where it magically appears on store shelves and restaurant menus. How it got there is none of their concern. Because of this, they neither know nor care how their ecosystem, or lack thereof, works. And until it bites them in the ass in a huge way, they never will.

10. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast free bird

Yeah. CA is fucked up because of all the people moving there from Washington. That, and the rabid unicorns terrorizing the streets.

11. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

please excuse me if I'm out of line. I think we could restore...some, if not most...of washington state steelhead with almost nothing!!!!!!! All we need are regs that criminalize harvest of wild fish in the commercial and tribal fisheries. That eliminates all gill nets in freshwater. There are no populations of steelhead or salmon that can sustain gillnetting of wild fish "IN FRESH WATER". Tribes have a right to 50% of harvestable fish...but wild fish should not be harvestable!!

And California would be better off if they had more steelhead...but that's just my opinion.

12. (BigDave)

(BigDave) Active Member

It's not all about harvest, its more a question of habitat. Harvest is easy to fix, habitat is not.

13. JS

JS Active Member

Unfortunately, the title of this post is more acurately stated as; "The ignorant views of the majority of western society".

14. norcal51

norcal51 Member

So glad im originally from NOR-CAL, damn so-calers and there unquenchable thirst for our water. I found it funny that some of the worst comments came from people who claimed to be sportsman. obviously they have never caught a steelhead. When cali falls into the ocean it will mostly be so cal that goes. the major fault thru the middle of the state shoots out into the ocean right by San Francisco, so my beloved nor-cal should stay intact.

15. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

Sad sad truth.