Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thermometers use and benefit for salmon fly fishing

WFF 
1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Steelheader69 
#1 ·
L.S.,

I am a starter wit DH. Spey salmon fishing. Can/will anywhone of you probely inform me, about the benefits and use about thermometers in rivers with or Atlantic or Pacific salmon fishing? Are the colour or size of the salmonflies dependentable of the themperature of the river at that moment and time ?

Thank you for your time and reading, waiting for your reply,

Striker

#5 ·
L.S.,

I am a starter wit DH. Spey salmon fishing. Can/will anywhone of you probely inform me, about the benefits and use about thermometers in rivers with or Atlantic or Pacific salmon fishing? Are the colour or size of the salmonflies dependentable of the themperature of the river at that moment and time ?

Thank you for your time and reading, waiting for your reply,

Striker
This is the smartest sounding drunk post I've seen on WFF. Congratamentalations can/will yes, answer whence question.

Temperature is a big deal. The colder is gets, the longer you want to tickle the nose of a salmon or steelhead. Sometimes you even have to hit them upside the head with your offering a couple times to induce a take. When it's warmer, they're a little more frisky and will sometimes move clear across an entire pool to slam your fly while you soil your waders and prematurely WONK the fly away from the fish's mouth.

Concerning "the colour or size of the salmonflies dependentable of the themperature"

..... yeeeeeeah man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.