Thin mint leech

Willie Bodger

Still, nothing clever to say...
Ok, I've looked around for this pattern, but haven't found it anywhere. Would anybody tell me the basics of this fly? Oh and is a double bunny just a bunny strip tail and then wrapped bunny up toward the head?

wb

It's basically a wooly bugger. The tail is olive, brown, and black marabou. The body is peacock herl w/ brown saddle hackle palmered through it.

Scott Behn

No willy a double bunny is two rabbit strips tied the full length of the hook with the remaining portion used as the tail. I put a hole in the hide of the lower strip then tie it just behind where the head of my fly is going to be. I take the other strip and tie it in the same spot and then epoxy both strips together, some folks put a few wraps of thread at a tail tie location, I don't.
Now at the head location tie in a few pearl flashabou pieces on each side for a lateral line, make a neat thread head. Last glue on 2 doll eyes and enjoy!!!!!

I'll have to check, but I think I still have a double bunny in my gallery.

:thumb:

Edit: Here are a few pictures of one of mine...The lateral lines didn't show up like I thought they would, sorry!!!