Thinking of getting a spey rod.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by frankrutledge, Jan 9, 2007.

1. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Opps, duplicate post.

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

Go to Cabela's web site ...punch in Pflueger Summit and you will see the fly reel mentioned. This is the only place I have seen/heard of it.

3. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Active Member

See lots of input since I first posted. But try some one different ones before you buy at a local fly shop that allows try outs.

BG

4. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Have to admit to feeling a bit 'silly;' their catalog came in yesterday's mail .. and guess what ......:hmmm: Sheesh. Rather a nice looking 'bit o' kit.'

5. OK, Went to the Tolt and threw a line around for a bit with a friend and Aaron. What a nice guy, free class, his equipment and did I mention the class was free! I really think I need to take another class though. I felt a little awkward and by the time I started to get the hang of the basic cast, my toes separated from my feet, good thing I have glue at home. ;)
    The rod we casted that day was a 13' and some change, I think it was an 8 or 9 wt. There is some serious work ahead, as far as me learning to cast a spey right, but I think it's an easier cast then slinging an 8 or 9 wt single handed rod.
    Philster, Thanks again for the offer, I didn't pm you because I see another deserving soul got it. But thanks again.
    I think if Aaron is going to teach me to cast I'll see what he has for sale first then make a decision, did I mention the class is free! :thumb:
    Frank.

6. Philster

Philster Active Member

Aaron's pedigree is pretty rich in Spey Casting. Check out Mike Maxwell's book for a glorious shot of his sultry mug:thumb: He truly has forgotten more than most will know...

7. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Home Page:
    philster - that wasn't very nice of you to be such a tease to frank