This is getting out of hand (rant) :-p

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by generic, Feb 18, 2014.

1. generic

generic Justified

The fun thing is, after 28 yrs of fly fishing... I'm venturing into the unknown (for me).

It's kind of exciting to try a completely different style of fishing, tying different bugs, etc where I know just about zilch. It reminds me of when I first started fly fishing, everything was new.

Now it sort of starts all over again, and I'm loving it. It's nice, now and then, to "stumble into passion with" a pastime that has consumed a part of me.

:eek: - :)

2. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Did I miss something???? What do you mean completely different style of fishing??? Have you taken up Stillwater fishing or something different than the normal moving water venue?

3. generic

generic Justified

Not sure what you're getting at Gene, or maybe I didn't express it right...

I use to be an almost exclusively river fisherman, meaning I'd fish lakes two or three times before the rivers settled down. When I did fish lakes, it was cast and strip, cast and strip... That would get me through my "fix". Then it was on to the rivers. Never spent enough time to try and figure out what it took to "dial" a lake in. I wasn't going to be spending enough time on them to really care.

Did that make sense?

4. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

So you're comparing the patterns you use for rivers vs lakes?

5. generic

generic Justified

No, I just have never tied chromies before. No comparison on the flies (although most are different), just the style/type of fishing. I've targeted rivers most of my life, and now I'm focusing on lakes for the first time. The styles of fishing the two, are radically different in my opinion.

6. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

good name for a fly with 67 differnt materials