Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

This is i think my second thread I've ever started since I joined years ago. But i have to ask:

NFR 
5K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
What is the Soap Lake Girls story? I marked this NFR even though it might actually be fishing related. I have no idea! Though i'm inclined to think not!

#2 ·
Actually it's my fourth. I just looked. A long time ago i compared golf to flyfishing (I golf about as well as i fish and bowl, but it doesn't stop me).... and a few other things like my rod's grip not fitting my hand. I forgot i posted those.

#9 ·
In the great tradition of WFF...everybody say it loud...the search functional will provide all the answers you need.

I have never been interested in the origin of this reference until your thread but it took me about 20 seconds to find an older post referencing tick checks and a bashful young man named b_illymac. All things considered, it seemed pretty tame considering some of the things I have encountered in the great outdoors......or on my walk into the office through downtown Seattle on a daily basis.

A lot of mileage off the story if that truly is the origin!

#18 ·
Hahahaha... I read the whole thread. Thank you Freestone!

First off, loved that b_illymac tells his whole story and then posts ONLY photos of the river and his bass!

THEN.... Angie the Fishing Goddess ! (Yes, I checked the FB link, i am in between reading books and my husband's visiting his family in Eastern Washington so i had some time). My favorite description about her was _WW_ who wrote that he'd rather be lathered in bacon grease and running for the bears before he'd let Angie the Fishing Goddess catch him.

My other favorite quote was from Old Man, (who often says some of my favorite things here:) "I have always fished alone, unless I am with somebody."

But i really laughed at Krusty who kept reposting what Spudfly said only he never added anything to it. He just kept reposting, even as Spudfly reminded him that he can 'make letters into words' by using 'the little rectangular things next to the mouse'. And Krusty reposted THAT too...only didn't write anything to go along with it.

I will say this. Some of your stories scare me a little. I have mostly only been afraid of major windstorms (having been caught in one on our first fishing trip ever where fir trees fell and killed the folks in the truck ahead of us near Bumping River) and a second time in Montana when trees feel like dominoes as we were getting off the river in the truck....and of course....cougars and bears.

HOWEVER if i had come across that guy with the hedge trimmer I would probably never go fly fishing again. I have never run across such odd people as y'all have! And every once in awhile i've thought about running into what i call 'Deliverance' people and felt like i would feel safer if either my husband or I carried a gun but so far we would never had needed it.

Thanks again Freestone for sharing the link! This forum is such a great place for being entertained ....in addition to learning. Y'all are pretty funny.

#21 ·
Hahahaha... I read the whole thread. Thank you Freestone!

First off, loved that b_illymac tells his whole story and then posts ONLY photos of the river and his bass!

THEN.... Angie the Fishing Goddess ! (Yes, I checked the FB link, i am in between reading books and my husband's visiting his family in Eastern Washington so i had some time). My favorite description about her was _WW_ who wrote that he'd rather be lathered in bacon grease and running for the bears before he'd let Angie the Fishing Goddess catch him.

My other favorite quote was from Old Man, (who often says some of my favorite things here:) "I have always fished alone, unless I am with somebody."

But i really laughed at Krusty who kept reposting what Spudfly said only he never added anything to it. He just kept reposting, even as Spudfly reminded him that he can 'make letters into words' by using 'the little rectangular things next to the mouse'. And Krusty reposted THAT too...only didn't write anything to go along with it.

I will say this. Some of your stories scare me a little. I have mostly only been afraid of major windstorms (having been caught in one on our first fishing trip ever where fir trees fell and killed the folks in the truck ahead of us near Bumping River) and a second time in Montana when trees feel like dominoes as we were getting off the river in the truck....and of course....cougars and bears.

HOWEVER if i had come across that guy with the hedge trimmer I would probably never go fly fishing again. I have never run across such odd people as y'all have! And every once in awhile i've thought about running into what i call 'Deliverance' people and felt like i would feel safer if either my husband or I carried a gun but so far we would never had needed it.

Thanks again Freestone for sharing the link! This forum is such a great place for being entertained ....in addition to learning. Y'all are pretty funny.
Jojo, Thanks for being part of the entertainment.
I joined this forum many years ago to learn about fly fishing still water and the fun never seems to stop.
Some members stop posting, some get ask not to ever post again, and just maybe some have been arrested.
I know a couple of Soap lake girls and they are a little strange. I have never been able to teach them to fly fish, but they didn't mine handling worms so we did catch a few fish together.
As for carrying firearms for protection, "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to not have a gun and need one" Also policemen are to heavy to carry around

#42 ·
When I was 21 I stayed at a hotel in soap lake while I was on a early season Lenore bender with my Dad and a friend of his from work. I was holding down the pool table at the local watering hole and met a gem of a gal that helped me blow up on my bar tab on tequila shots..... she was cracking me up all night with funny story after funny story and she started telling me about her python back at her apartment. After the bar closed we went back to her house and she fed her python with one of the dozens of rats she raised. Her apartment was equal parts terrifying and intriguing. She tried to feed me painkillers and a cocktail made from a mason jar so I respectfully bowed out after "the feeding." Great soap lake memories....

Automotive lighting Tire Road surface Wheel Asphalt

#43 ·
When I was 21 I stayed at a hotel in soap lake while I was on a early season Lenore bender with my Dad and a friend of his from work. I was holding down the pool table at the local watering hole and met a gem of a gal that helped me blow up on my bar tab on tequila shots..... she was cracking me up all night with funny story after funny story and she started telling me about her python back at her apartment. After the bar closed we went back to her house and she fed her python with one of the dozens of rats she raised. Her apartment was equal parts terrifying and intriguing. She tried to feed me painkillers and a cocktail made from a mason jar so I respectfully bowed out after "the feeding." Great soap lake memories....

View attachment 137451
Probably a good thing you denied the cocktail...you may still be in soap lake haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.