NFR This should stir the ol' cake batter....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by FinLuver, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jamma

jamma Active Member

What's wrong with Polka music?

2. jamma

jamma Active Member

And for people who think rap is a new type of music,take a listen to"Trouble every day" and try to tell me he's not throwing down a rap.That song was released in 1966.

napawino likes this.
  3. napawino

napawino Banned or Parked

Snohomish County, sometimes Missoula County
  4. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

I loaned my youngest daughter then taking guitar lessons ...Shut up and play yer guitar"...Elaines mind blown ...it took a couple years to get them back...and then there was the built to spill discs...like 5 of em...she still has not given them back...grrrr!

ribka likes this.
  5. napawino

The series called "You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore" CD's are well worth finding. Especially Vol. 2, the Helsinki Concert.

ribka likes this.
  6. dld

dld Active Member

Breaking News: Frank Zappa fan thinks you just haven't heard the right Zappa album yet.

I 'get' Zappa, but can't listen to him, he diminishes his own music with his (lack of) humor. Funny when I was twelve, not funny now.

I'm a big fan of Captain Beefheart and Tom Waits. Both pushed the envelope and made amazing music. I saw Jandek live in 2006, and behind the Pixies' 25th anniversary Doolittle concert, remains my favorite concert.

Zappa had nothing on his friend, Van Vliet, other than popularity. Beefheart was one of the first to see the genius of Ry Cooder.

Certain performers create their own thing and it is sometimes too far removed for commercial success. RL Burnside did his thing and got some recognition. His friend, Junior Kimbrough, played a unique droning style guitar with melody building off of the drone (similar to music from India), and received little success. The Black Keys covered his music and made a big name for themselves.

Charles Caldwell played amazing music with his guitar and only had his first album released after he died from cancer.

Zappa was mainstream. People want to pretend he was cutting-edge, but he was riding the edge already cut. It's easy to be vulgar, it is much harder to be poetic while describing the vulgar

It doesn't surprise me that napawino is a huge fan of Zappa. Just as juvenile, much less clever.

up2nogood likes this.
  7. majpreal

majpreal Active Member

Who could've predicted that the OP with a link to a comedian being sued because she held a women-only show would morph into a Frank Zappa deep dive? If nothing else, you folks have range!

Fishnow likes this.
  8. napawino

Point proven. You don't know FZ, and all you know is Don't Eat Yellow Snow. If you knew anything about music, you would think otherwise.

R.L. Burnside is one of my favorites, so you aren't a complete idiot.

ribka and Gyrfalcon2015 like this.
  9. dld

dld Active Member

I already said it, he undermines his music with garbage...just like napawino.

The intelligence gets lost in the profane.

I knew a guy once. Whenever he was around, I would hear the sounds that a child makes, buzzing, humming, fart sounds, etc. I would look for a child, only to see he was making the noises. He didn't have Tourette's, he just needed attention. He may have been intelligent enough, but that part was drowned out by him always making noise. I think it is a symptom of feeling inadequate.

up2nogood likes this.
  10. napawino

Settle down Sigmund. Go get laid or something. You seem cranky. And if you don't like me, don't reply to me, and there will be no need for me to reply to you. Otherwise, you are entitled to your opinion even if it IS wrong. And why is it, that the guys who talk shit about being inadequate are the ones who are? Tell me Sigmund...

11. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

FYI Zappaheads, I have the complete SU&PYG record set, nary a scratch on it...

napawino likes this.
  12. ribka

ribka Active Member

big buckley fan?

big fan of captain beefheart, frank black and Frank Zappa but Zappa lacks a sense of humor and main stream? He always pushed himself from the steve allen show until he passed away

and he was quite talented on the guitar

nothing wrong with making people uncomfortable under the 1st amendment

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  13. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

You guys are goofy. Here's one I like but I'm not certain why.

Just mixing the cake a little. Replacements, yes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Salmo_g and Jojo like this.
  14. jamma

jamma Active Member

Just found out Bunk Gardner and Don Preston are still out there doing it in their 80's.

15. jamma

jamma Active Member

Hey,when you stir the cake batter,you never know what's going to turn up.Which brings me to the question,who invented carrot cake?Did someone just randomly think,"Well,I got some cake mix and some carrots,let's just throw them together and see what happens?"Weird.