NFR This should stir the ol' cake batter....

Skip Enge

I found Kinnison funny and an annoying asshole...now that is its own schtick...Generally I have to say I prefer clever insightful humor over extreme assholiness. I prefer a bit higher denominators than the likes of Clay who I just could never stand.

I haven't seen anyone who could hold a candle to Richard Pyror or George Carlin.

Living standups I like are Russell Brand, Lewis Black, Ron White, and Sarah Silverman. That hideous Amy person makes me gag.

Jojo

I always kinda liked Mitch Hedberg
YES! Coming here to say Mitch Hedberg is one of my very favorites of all! I also really like Chris Rock, Wanda Sykes and Dave Chapelle. Michael Che has a funny standup special on Netflix and i'm excited for Chapelle's new one which is coming Dec. 31st. I used to love Amy Schumer but after a bit she got to be too much for me. Never a big fan of Ron White.

I remember going to the old Underground in Seattle to see live comedy shows. Harry Anderson was in town a few times before he got famous on Night Court. Pretty funny shows. He had a real way with hecklers.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
YES! Coming here to say Mitch Hedberg is one of my very favorites of all! I also really like Chris Rock, Wanda Sykes and Dave Chapelle. Michael Che has a funny standup special on Netflix and i'm excited for Chapelle's new one which is coming Dec. 31st. I used to love Amy Schumer but after a bit she got to be too much for me. Never a big fan of Ron White.
I was so fortunate to see Mitch Hedberg not long before he died, in a venue in Olympia, and just a short walk from where I lived. I went alone-no one around me knew who he was!!??!!?

Amazing. I usually say "I have seen a Pope, a President, and a Beatle"..but, I should also say.."and Mitch Hedberg live, too."

At the show, he accidentally repeated a joke twice, two times in the show and it puzzled the crowd, he was not exactly clean and sober, and/or he just ran off like that. Smoked a pipe and rattled on, it was funny. It was hilarious how he reacted when he told a joke that, the first time round, went off super well, and then when he forgot and said it again-it was met with silence. He went something like "Wowwww, o.....k...that usually kills".... and then that nervous laugh of his followed.

He was a cool dude, super bummed.

I loved Don Rickles, Andy Kaufman, too!

Last edited: