To you Steelhead Authors

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by DanielOcean, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Active Member

I never said I am a chrome master, I just said I understand that it is simple, thats what all of you have been saying. You just need to be where the fish are right? The rest is in fates hands.

2. JACKspASS

JACKspASS Active Member

200-1.gif

golfman44 likes this.
  3. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Active Member

4. JS

JS Active Member

It is simple like meditation is simple. Anyone can do it, but it takes an incredible amount of effort and competency to be consistently successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

golfman44 likes this.
  5. FT

FT Active Member

Wayne,

I remember that rod you lent Bob. He was surprised you met him at the bridge so you could lend it to him. He, as I know you are aware, was very appreciative of your generosity. I also remember when he and I met on the Sauk after I got my 16' T&T. It was only a few months after that he bought himself a Sage 1509 Brownie that became a favorite rod of his for summer fish. I miss fishing with him. Alas he hasn't fished for winter fish since February 2002 when he and I fished the Grandy Creek Run together. And the last day he fished for summer runs was in July 2003 when he and I fished the Flat Water on the NF Stilly together. He quit because he said the fishing had gotten much poorer with too many days between fish and he wanted to remember what it was like when there were more fish around. Plus, he really missed the Wenatchee after the feds closed it.

6. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

Another Bob memory that sticks out.
    Sweet gentle Sam nearly taking my leg off the first time I went to Bob's cabin!

7. FT

FT Active Member

Wayne,

Yep! Sam could do that at times.

I recall vividly the first time I went with Bob to his "camp water" on the Wenatchee. Sam was content with laying on the bank until I hooked a nice fish half-way down the tailout. Of course, this meant Sam had to come out to "help" me land it and take the hook out. All the while Bob stood upstream laughing to see how I'd handle Sam's insistence on getting in on the action! It was a sad day when Bob and Norma had to put Sam down.

8. chromie

chromie Active Member

Like my grandpappy Elmore used to say, prose before hoes.