To you Steelhead Authors

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
The problem with steelhead books is that they are typically written by people by people who think they know more than about steelheading than there actually is to know.
Stories about rivers, people and circumstances are more informative than anyones attempt to explain how to do it. At least in my opinion.
I absolutely know more than there is to know about steelheading!

The force is strong with me.

There will be no book. Just the legend...

I heard Mr Hung is writing a book but between vaping competitions, cross fit and filling steelhead tags it's a slow process. It's a good thing our hero doesn't sleep. It'll be the first fishing related book to be a NYT best seller and also get him a spot on Oprah. 2018 is gonna be a big year. Chromers and consumers will both be slayed.

I heard Mr Hung is writing a book but between vaping competitions, cross fit and filling steelhead tags it's a slow process. It's a good thing our hero doesn't sleep. It'll be the first fishing related book to be a NYT best seller and also get him a spot on Oprah. 2018 is gonna be a big year. Chromers and consumers will both be slayed.
In all fairness I've witnessed Hung blowing smoke up his own ass and it's pretty amazing. I hear he dominates the vape circuit too.

Daniel, here's some procedural. I'll try not to wax poetic so I'll do like a ghetto list form thing.

On fly selection:. Only carry flies you like and really really believe in. Select one by holding box upside down and shake it till one falls out. That's the one for the day trust me.

On habits:. Fish allot. Like allot, that's how you get fish by having a fly with a pointy end on it in the water where fish hold.

On mending:. It's pretty overrated. For real it's almost completely unnecessary if you are a decent caster. In fact I've all but eliminated it from my fishing. I truly think mending was invented to make fly fishing look more exciting and skilled. Fly fishermen mend allot for the same reasons Fred was always cranking on the wheel of the mystery machine even on straight road. Why? Cause action for actions sake. So just stop.

On casting;. Get decent at it so you don't spend all day trying to mend to overcome crappy casting that lands in a heap and won't fish for the first two thirds of the swing.

On tips:. Totally not needed in summer and fall. In fact will cost you fish and are not as fun to cast anyway. Never fish heavier than t-12. If you think you need more than ten feet of that you're probably in the wrong spot or not doing it right.

When you get the grab:. Don't do anything. That way when the fish gets away you are completely free of blame and you can bitch about your hook, your fly being fouled or some other affirmation to hide the fact it just didn't stick. If you swing for the fences it just looks super rookie.

There you go. The above is a template for any steelhead how to minus the fly pics, fish pics, prose, and glamour. It's a pretty boring sport.

Last edited:
I already offered to facilitate a psilocybin ceremony, but maybe you're right, Creatch.....time for the big guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Indeed it is. A little out of body experience keeps the ego in check. Maybe a little interdimensional time warp that transplants him into the "before time" and gives him a chance to make amends to the forefathers for this tasteless thread. I won't be picky. Yes I see it now. The third eye beckons. Dan are you ready? Was Saturday your moment of reckoning?

In all fairness I've witnessed Hung blowing smoke up his own ass and it's pretty amazing. I hear he dominates the vape circuit too.

Daniel, here's some procedural. I'll try not to wax poetic so I'll do like a ghetto list form thing.

On fly selection:. Only carry flies you like and really really believe in. Select one by holding box upside down and shake it till one falls out. That's the one for the day trust me.

On habits:. Fish allot. Like allot, that's how you get fish by having a fly with a pointy end on it in the water where fish hold.

On mending:. It's pretty overrated. For real it's almost completely unnecessary if you are a decent caster. In fact I've all but eliminated it from my fishing. I truly think mending was invented to make fly fishing look more exciting and skilled. Fly fishermen mend allot for the same reasons Fred was always cranking on the wheel of the mystery machine even on straight road. Why? Cause action for actions sake. So just stop.

On casting;. Get decent at it so you don't spend all day trying to mend to overcome crappy casting that lands in a heap and won't fish for the first two thirds of the swing.

On tips:. Totally not needed in summer and fall. In fact will cost you fish and are not as fun to cast anyway. Never fish heavier than t-12. If you think you need more than ten feet of that you're probably in the wrong spot or not doing it right.

When you get the grab:. Don't do anything. That way when the fish gets away you are completely free of blame and you can bitch about your hook, your fly being fouled or some other affirmation to hide the fact it just didn't stick. If you swing for the fences it just looks super rookie.

There you go. The above is a template for any steelhead how to minus the fly pics, fish pics, prose, and glamour. It's a pretty boring sport.
Spot on dude.

I'd add weed and or beer to the list. Helps with pretty much every aspect you mention and the mind bending requirements.

Oh, and a boat. That way you can get to secretive spots where the cops won't bust you for the weed or beer.

Indeed it is. A little out of body experience keeps the ego in check. Maybe a little interdimensional time warp that transplants him into the "before time" and gives him a chance to make amends to the forefathers for this tasteless thread. I won't be picky. Yes I see it now. The third eye beckons. Dan are you ready? Was Saturday your moment of reckoning?

He'll need the whole tribe. All their powers.